1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

BlackHatWorld is one SCUZZY place!

First of all I do appreciate that this post may break some rule and may need to be edited (slagging off another website).

I am no stranger to technically 'blackhat' SEO (but nothing immoral as such - just don't always abide by Google TOS - like all the other 'whitehats' who think they do!)

Have recently taken another tour of 'BlackHatWorld' and it's so full of dodgy/cheap/spammy/maybe even illegal stuff - that must work! - it makes me want to be friends with Matt Cutts!

I'm sure there must be some 'gems' there, but it doesn't half make me feel uncomfortable!

Anyone else 'frequent' there?
  3. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I read some stuff there....but not regularly. I find it's often similar to warriorforum in the sense that there are some good salesmen there who make me want to go out and try scuzzy stuff!

Every now and then though there is a good post there. A lot of people who frequent that site have websites who have been affected by penalties and as such I find I can learn a lot from what they are posting.

You've got to search for the meat though and spit out the bones!
  5. Contributing User

Good point about learning from people who've been penalised.

Just as I look around I find myself so often saying to myself, "why does nobody tell him THAT'S NONSENSE!"

People thank others for the shoddiest advice!
  7. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Belfast
    Good point about learning from people who've been penalised.

Just as I look around I find myself so often saying to myself, "why does nobody tell him THAT'S NONSENSE!"

People thank others for the shoddiest advice!
    I think people just like the idea of being able to take quick and easy shortcuts.

I don't like the blackhat forum because the background is black and it annoys my eyes

But I just had a quick look and Marie you will find this interesting..

According this this blackhat guy he can recover penguin hit sites with his blog network tool humm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7bE6UtXVZM
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  9. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Ugh. I didn't watch much of the video. (Didn't want to waste 4 minutes of my life) but I've seen similar sites.

There was a question in another forum recently about someone inquiring about a similar plan that you could buy that guaranteed Penguin recovery.

GAH. Given there hasn't been a refresh other than the initial refresh on May 25, no one can guarantee recovery. The traffic graph that guy uses is so fake.

It's sad how these scammers make money from other scammers.
  11. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    Ugh. I didn't watch much of the video. (Didn't want to waste 4 minutes of my life) but I've seen similar sites.

There was a question in another forum recently about someone inquiring about a similar plan that you could buy that guaranteed Penguin recovery.

GAH. Given there hasn't been a refresh other than the initial refresh on May 25, no one can guarantee recovery. The traffic graph that guy uses is so fake.

It's sad how these scammers make money from other scammers.
    Hey Marie this is spooky!

Matt Cutts tweeted a few hours ago

Watching another SEO snake oil video. "The only footprint these networks leave behind is WordPress." Some people just don't get it."
    That youtube video I linked you to, the seofightback site it's talking about has a video on it which has the quote matt used, obviously he had seen them hehe
  13. Founder, SEOChat.com :)
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I am notoriously anti blackhat when practicing SEO for clients, HOWEVER let me go on record and say that I am deeply fascinated by the world of blackhat SEO, and sites such as blackhatworld, which I sometimes read.

There is a lot of interesting information on there, and although I haven't done any blackhat SEO in a long time, those guys are very innovative and creative with some of the things they come up with... I will definitely give KUDOS for thinking outside the box to the blackhatworld's of our industry.

Even pure whitehats should make it their duty to at least educate themselves as to the world or blackhat.

So, guys, let's not get into bashing other communities or practicioners.

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees : So right... P.S. I prefer the 'other' BH place hehe.
  15. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Darrin Ward
    I am notoriously anti blackhat when practicing SEO for clients, HOWEVER let me go on record and say that I am deeply fascinated by the world of blackhat SEO, and sites such as blackhatworld, which I sometimes read.

There is a lot of interesting information on there, and although I haven't done any blackhat SEO in a long time, those guys are very innovative and creative with some of the things they come up with... I will definitely give KUDOS for thinking outside the box to the blackhatworld's of our industry.

Even pure whitehats should make it their duty to at least educate themselves as to the world or blackhat.

So, guys, let's not get into bashing other communities or practicioners.
    Yep.. I started out in SEO pretty black in the early days of search engines (pre google). Made a fair bit of money from it to. Enough to take a two year around the world holiday with my wife... But these days it is pretty hard for Average Joe to make money using BH methods. My take is you need a pretty good skill set to make the ones that still work economically viable. ie C5 example in the jackets forum re blocking spiders to hide your blog network for example.

It seems these days that mainstream BH is fairly limited in certain niches… The problem I have with it is the people who do not have the appropriate skill set who get mislead into trying it out. Still I suppose they took the risk and when their website crashes and burns they got what they should of considered the bad side of the bet they took..

After all it is a question of risk to return… To me the scum buckets are the SEOs who do not warn their clients of the risk of the methods they use…

To the others I hope it works for them and they get a decent return on investment. I certainly are not cheering for Google to make more money…..

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees
    Live the moment
  17. Contributing User

Couldn't agree more - love the authentically clever stuff - there was just more 'scammy' stuff than I expected - which seemed as much to 'game' customers as game Google.

I read a post or part of a post yesterday about doing some 'negative SEO' and was pleasantly surprised by how many said, "go jump", "what goes around comes around" etc. There were one or two suggesting they would do it for the OP from what I remember though.

I have run a successful small network (which got past Google on a manual review recently! - lost a bit of overdone AT with a warning though) The problem for me is when things stop being about bypassing paying google by jumping to the top of the SERPS with an authentic business/product - which incidentally also allow me to charge customers less (but that is a byproduct), which helps me with repeat business. I find even getting your 'affiliate cut' through being clever is not much different to Google getting their 'affiliate cut' by sticking adverts on the side of the SERPS.

I too really hate the SEO customers being scammed by SEO's claiming to be white hat - whether the SEO's don't understand what 'whitehat' actually is or just lie. Even, "we only do white hat - we will get you 2/5/10/100 links per month" really gets my goat!
  19. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

This one was from 2012!!! Shutting down...