1. No Profile Picture
    dil
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best Internal Linking Structure ???

Let's say I have a site about restaurants (this is following an example I started in another thread). Right now I just have articles about restaurants I've been to all throughout America. So I have an article about a specific restaurant in new york, another in atlanta, another in dallas, etc., etc. Now I want to start building and optimizing pages to organize the content by city. So I will build a page on new york restaurants with general, keyword content about new york restaurants and then links to the articles about specific new york restaurants.

The specific articles are getting rankings of about 30 for the keywords, like new york restaurants, but I want the new, primary new york restaurant page to crack the top 10. When I introduce the page, should I have links from the new york restaurant page to the specific article pages (as makes sense)? Or should I initially have one way links from the article pages going to the general new york page, because the article pages already hold clout?

Thanks,
    Dil
  3. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I have a terrible headache and couldn't quite follow what you were getting at but when it comes to internal links structure I suggest looking at blogs and emulating that as much as posible. It seems to work well.
    14th Colony: The hardest working websites online!

Looking for links? Join the Union and don't miss English Grammar rules, tips and explanations
  5. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Link to the articles from the city page and from the articles back to the city page.
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  7. No Profile Picture
    dil
    Contributing User

Basically I'm adding another level to the site hierarchy and asking what is the best way to link to it. I imagine it's the normal way of how the hierarchy should work.....homepage to subpage to article relevant to subpage.

I was asking if when I introduce the subpage I should actually link back from the article to the subpage rather than to the article from the subpage, in order to help the subpage gain pagerank and good SERPs.

Thanks,
    Dil
  9. No Profile Picture
    dil
    Contributing User

Thanks