1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Add keywords to the page or page for each keyword?

Sometimes I read too much info on a topic and get run down with all the options. I have a page that ranks for a keyword but that keyword now has too many people coming to the site trying to track stolen or lost cell phones instead of tracking business assets and serial numbers. I found some alternate keywords but am unsure of the best way to use these keywords to sell the same product.

Basically the current page is devoted to selling asset tracking software, it is well optimized for the current keyword and ranks high, but like I said bad visitors. Whats the best way to utilize the new keywords?

1. New page using the keywords? The downside to this might be that it gives 2 separate names to the same product.
    2. New page linking to the old one using the keywords? Maybe making a blog post on the site talking about the software and using internal links with the keyword as the anchor text pointing the current page.

What's your opinion?
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Sell the unwanted traffic
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I'm not sure if this is the best option but if it was me I'd...

Create a new page focused around your new keyword. Then go to your old page that is getting a ton of traffic and make the call to action focus on the page, to click into the new page.

Basically at the top of the page somewhere have something that is saying "Were you looking for asset tracking software? We've got you covered!" and they click it and it goes to the new page.