1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

[ask] SEO certification course

Hello guys n girls,

I just started to learn about SEO. and i would like to know is there any international recognize course for SEO? like certification or something?

Regards
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

My answer is simply that you don't need one.
    Various institutions are starting to offer courses in online marketing.

But I can tell you that from what I gather, most people here just jumped in and started learning through experience, which is a better teacher than any classroom can give you.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Welcome!

EP is right; there aren't any internationally recognized certification courses. There are, however, college courses in online marketing, Internet marketing, and related topics. There are lots of forums (you've found one of them), and there are even books, both electronic and dead tree versions. You'll want to be careful with books, as many of them can get out of date because the field changes pretty fast. I've seen a number of members recommend "The Art of SEO," so you might look into that; it's available from Amazon.

If you want to get off to a good start, read the stickies in the various forums here, think about them, and ask questions.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by terriwells
    Welcome!

EP is right; there aren't any internationally recognized certification courses. There are, however, college courses in online marketing, Internet marketing, and related topics. There are lots of forums (you've found one of them), and there are even books, both electronic and dead tree versions. You'll want to be careful with books, as many of them can get out of date because the field changes pretty fast. I've seen a number of members recommend "The Art of SEO," so you might look into that; it's available from Amazon.

If you want to get off to a good start, read the stickies in the various forums here, think about them, and ask questions.
    maybe i started a wrong topic. sorry for my bad.

what i mean was a certification or qualification on digital marketing/internet marketing.

cause i do understand that seo is part of digital marketing.

correct me if i am wrong.