1. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Twitter Engagement Tips: Using Twitter Chats

Here's an older article/infographic about how to use twitter chats for business and brand-building.

When I was more deeply involved in social media, Twitter chats were my favorite form of engagement. They usually happen at the same times each week, have regular participants, and everyone is very active. It's a great way to get to know people, learn from them, and share a little of yourself. Sometimes Tweeting on your timeline might feel like shouting into the void - not so with Twitter chats. Have you found them to be useful in your own work or personal lives?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is one twitter event every Monday in India where many local marketing persons will share their idea on a particular topic. We learn many new things about a topic every time. Also this is the best way to get connected with new industry experts.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes I go on a couple of weekly twitter chats when I get time. They can be useful but I find it quite hard to keep up with every post under the hashtag! Usually end up with several tabs open and hitting refresh countless times.
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by caveman
    Yes I go on a couple of weekly twitter chats when I get time. They can be useful but I find it quite hard to keep up with every post under the hashtag! Usually end up with several tabs open and hitting refresh countless times.
    Aye! They can get REALLY busy. And when you start having multiple conversations at once...then it gets really hard to keep up with! I used to keep my notifications open in one tab, a twitter search for the hashtag in another. I believe you might also be able to set something up in a tool like Hootsuite to monitor tweets with @(your username) and #(the twitter chat tag), so that you'd have a stream containing only what is said to you during the chat. But I haven't actually tried that myself, just spit-balling!

I like how busy they are And when you come into regular contact with a couple of people, it makes it easier to reach out to them one on one during other points in the week.

Originally Posted by midastouchwebs
    There is one twitter event every Monday in India where many local marketing persons will share their idea on a particular topic. We learn many new things about a topic every time. Also this is the best way to get connected with new industry experts.
    Sounds useful! Would you be willing to share the hashtag for the chat?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sure..the hash tag is #SEOTalk..

Have same problem and can't participate every time. So, i follow mainly SEO blogs and sites. For such twitter chats, you should be active on that time and it also helpful to get more followers for your twitter account.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Welcome. I think we should fins and post here some more such hash tags which we all know and using.
  13. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I have a handy calendar of popular Twitter chats to install: Popular SEO and Social Media Twitter Chats [Google Calendar] ;)
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end