1. Senior Member
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Link Building Outside Your Niche

I know what you’re going to say: in the face of Penguin, link building outside of your own niche isn’t exactly safe anymore. That may or may not be true. It all depends on how you go about it, and exactly where outside of your niche you’re going. You might want to start by defining [...]
    The post Link Building Outside Your Niche appeared first on SEO Chat.

More...

Comments on this post

• softnwords agrees : yes it is good
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

That's one massive paragraph! ...and hard to read.

It does not matter what niche you're in or how far away you start or stop... the problem with "link exchanges" for everyone isn't getting the links... it's where to hide the feedback loop(sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss) because a single exchange will not help much nor will it get you into trouble with PENGUIN... but the reoccurring pattern of the feedback loop(sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss) is the part that harms you whether you are inside your niche or outside your niche.

No offense to Nick Stamoulis of Search Engine Guide but his theory is full of crap!

Also no offense to SEO Chat but I wouldn't want to be associated with the BS without genuine evidence in support that shows "that may or may not be true," statement is completely above board.

Google's reference: Link schemes - Webmaster Tools Help

The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:
    •Buying or selling links that pass PageRank. This includes exchanging money for links, or posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a “free” product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link
    •Excessive link exchanging ("Link to me and I'll link to you")
    If you are exchanging something to get something in return... you are manipulating in order to game Google's quality guidelines... you can "get away with it" (I'll concede that)... but the gist of the article does not suggest this is a blackhat tactic... which it is no matter how much sugarcoating to apply.

It's also interesting to note Google's hint of "exchanging goods or services for links" is a link scheme... so

You focus on the home gardener. These are people who enjoy gardening and making things grow as their hobby. If they have a good season, maybe they like to give away the proceeds of their garden as gifts to friends. Some of them might even be ambitious enough to make a little money on the side from the fruits (and vegetables and other plants) of their labors. So you can link to other nurseries.
    Google suggests "this is a scheme"

You specialize in plants; what else do people who garden need? Gardening tools? Bricks to build borders? Outdoor water fountains and statuary? You probably don’t carry some of the things that your customers want need for their gardens, but that doesn’t mean that you’re losing business if someone buys that item from someone else. A customer who buys a wheel barrow from someone else isn’t going to NOT buy plants from you. “A great link building opportunity is to partner with relevant companies and pool your combined resources to help both companies succeed,” Stamoulis points out. So you can talk with a company in a related business about both of you being listed on each other’s websites as preferred partners. Or maybe you can take out ads in each other’s newsletters, or contribute to each other’s blogs. Get creative and think beyond a simple link.
    Nothing wrong with Paid Advertisements but all links in association with this must be rel="nofollow".

The point I am making ... this article implies How to Game the Search Engine with Link Development.

Surely SEO Chat can do be
  5. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

To add to what fathom said.. related posts it automated I'm sure, but have you looked at what it's linked to? the first one is this..

MASSIVE list of link building techniques! (15 Easy Post-Penguin Link Building Methods

I really terrible post that was heavily disagreed with.

To those who don't know the related posts are automated it may think we're suggesting those link building methods listed in his again, terrible, post.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  7. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by ishrar
    Hello jamespayne
    I am agree with your statement. Links building only beneficial if relevancy occurs .
    Actually you are wrong.

To an SEO website a link anchored as "click here" isn't relevant at all but very beneficial where an anchor such as "search engine optimization" is highly relevant and completely unnatural and will get you devalued.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi,

It is the common ways to buildup your site.you must post or comment any forums and give an link of your sit .its very helpful

Comments on this post

• Test-ok : you are totally wrong.
    • Pierre Benneton : Must be the reason why you registered here but still a terrible idea
  11. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by shahidul1992
    Hi,

It is the common ways to buildup your site.you must post or comment any forums and give an link of your sit .its very helpful
    It's also spam and will hurt not help.