1. No Profile Picture
    Utility Bot
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Increasing Your Rate of Conversion

Most sites that suffer from low conversion rate do so as a result of focusing on the business itself, rather than the customer. The website problems range from poor Web design and navigation, to weak sales copy, to difficult shopping cart use, to simply failing to meet the potential customers needs and expectations.

Read the full article here: Increasing Your Rate of Conversion

For more discussion go here: Blog Article Discussion

3. <- Solan Gundersen
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Nothing new in this article, but I think it's a very good reminder to everyone. Trust and usability is important regarding shopping carts.

This article was a good confirmation for me, I'm (re)building my own shoppingcart for the moment, and this article points out that I'm on the right track. Hopefully this will be a very people- and SE-friendly shoppingcart which also look's trustworthy to the customer when I'm finished.
    Last edited by Mano70; Aug 30th, 2004 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling (what else could it be?)
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The article was a general discussion of thinking in terms of conversions, and how to make them. Rather than only counting total visitor traffic, it's better to convert those visitors into paying customers, and retaining them for the long term.

Shopping carts are a specific topic all of their own.

I'm glad you found confirmation that you are on the right track with your site improvements. It's always great to find someone who lets you know you are doing all of the right things.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo