1. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Google to Spammers - Reconsideration is Not an Option

We have a brief analysis and summary of the news from last month that repeated violations of Google's webmaster guidelines may result in a sort of permanent penalty or limbo.

From the wording of Google's post, it sounds like some webmasters would get a manual penalty, do what they needed to get out of it, submit a reconsideration, and then go back to their old routine. This penalty-escape-penalty-escape pattern might be broken now. "...repeated violations may make a successful reconsideration process more difficult to achieve."
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

that can make negative seo a real problem.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    that can make negative seo a real problem.
    Not really... Unless that is what DIYSEO is actually called nowadays.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Im pleased.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

As a publisher and Affiliate Manager I really like the news. If someone breaks the same rule again and again he should be more strictly punished.
    Aren`t we all tired of spammers?
  11. No Profile Picture

what do you mean by spammer ?

if someone comment on blog and comment is relevant and no promotional words are there. Although author considers as a spammer then where is our fault ?
  13. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by ankush0809
    if someone comment on blog and comment is relevant and no promotional words are there. Although author considers as a spammer then where is our fault ?
    It sounds like we're talking about two different types of spammers here. This blog post was about websites that Google gives manual penalties to:

some webmasters would get a manual penalty, do what they needed to get out of it, submit a reconsideration, and then go back to their old routine. This penalty-escape-penalty-escape pattern might be broken now. "...repeated violations may make a successful reconsideration process more difficult to achieve."
    I feel like the relationship between Google and a website that repeatedly violates webmaster guidelines is different than the relationship between the author of a blog and comment spammers,

But, to answer your question...I guess it depends. What you're describing - a relevant, non-promotional blog comment - sounds like just a normal comment to me. But is there a link in it? Was the comment made with the intent of driving traffic, earning clicks, gaining link juice? If so, I don't think it matters how relevant it is - some authors will see that kind of behavior as spammy. Everyone defines spam a little differently, too. Sometimes if a comment is too hard to understand, an author might interpret it as spam and remove it.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

These changes redefine the whole aspect of SEO- which is a little less of a "SEO" expert and more of a content developer/copywriter-marketing strategist. Whilst there is still technical work involved in SEO, the huge part of the job is now focused on content, the market, and user behavior.
  17. Contributing User

In a way, we are all spammers in comparison to normal guys who use the Internet.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by marthy13b
    These changes redefine the whole aspect of SEO- which is a little less of a "SEO" expert and more of a content developer/copywriter-marketing strategist..
    There's a difference between what Google wants and what they can enforce. There's also a difference between truly moral actions and what Google calls "Black" hat. If you use the intent rule then every single thing even posting to social networks can be considered black hat (what was your intent is for psychics). A Huge portion of links on the internet are bought links and its not going to nor should it change in the sense that some bought links are "bought" by business relationships (adobe for example linking to their distributors).

Same thing goes for exchanging links - nothing morally wrong with it (reciprocal one to one very detectable other versions not so much). If a site links to you tell me it didn't influence you wanting to link back to them? SO no there are millions of sites ranking today for their respective keywords that are not all about content. Content developing for the SEO is too hit and miss and almost impossible for A SEO to rely on for customers not in the niches it works in.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i havent seen reconsideration requests button since long time. is it even still existing?
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by igl00
    i havent seen reconsideration requests button since long time. is it even still existing?
    No typos? Wow, I'm surprised.

(For those of you who don't know, Igloo is a blackhat SEO who usually types like this: i hvnt ceen rconsidration request button. it still existing?)

Anyways, the title is misleading. It should be "Google to spammers: reconsideration might be harder the second or third time your site's manually penalized" which totally makes sense.
  25. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

ha ha ha. Good one Rick. That person is digging up old posts unnecessarily to increase his post count. But alas this is taking him no where.