1. Editor-in-Chief
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Donít Try to Beat Search Algorithms

There was a time, quite a few years ago, when SEOs could reliably trick search engine algorithms into listing their websites at the top of the results. Those days are long gone. In fact, the whole idea of gaining top rankings doesn’t mean the same thing anymore. The truth is that search engine algorithms have [...]
    The post Don’t Try to Beat Search Algorithms appeared first on SEO Chat.

More...

Comments on this post

• TcxAnthony agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

yes i agree with you, but people are still exploiting loopholes
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes now a day , Google update so many algorithm for measure a website ranking and avoid spamming . Some year ago SEO can beat search engine but now day this is not possible even by doing black hat SEO.
  7. the mango demon

James,
    I would have t disagree with you.
    Every programmer tries to make a better software. Or he tries to break an existing software so that the developer of the software can learn from the loop hole and fix it. There is no problem at all trying to beat the search engine. Google is now a better search engine because most of the SEOs out there are trying to beat Google for their gains and Google learns each time it has been beaten to come up with a better algorithm. Its a healthy process.

So, who ever is attempting to beat any search engine out there, please proceed. But instead of risking your clients website take the gamble on one of your not so important test websites first.

Comments on this post

• Belfast agrees
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by NewDelhiSEO
    James,
    I would have t disagree with you.
    Every programmer tries to make a better software. Or he tries to break an existing software so that the developer of the software can learn from the loop hole and fix it. There is no problem at all trying to beat the search engine. Google is now a better search engine because most of the SEOs out there are trying to beat Google for their gains and Google learns each time it has been beaten to come up with a better algorithm. Its a healthy process.

So, who ever is attempting to beat any search engine out there, please proceed. But instead of risking your clients website take the gamble on one of your not so important test websites first.
    Must Admit to what You said in the last Para..!!! But I think what James wanted to make clear is that..If one tries to trick the Search Engines with tricks like Backlink Build from Forums, Parallel Websites, Ezines and all then he will invariably fail especially in 2013 and beyond which I think is absolutely correct. So People who like to find loopholes in Search algos (Include me into that list as well), it's time they take a different approach than the ones previously followed..
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

More challenging - yes. But I'm far from ready to resign - 'gaming' search engines is worth too much money.

I have had to change my priorities during the year but am still making good progress.

For the first time, and twice this year, I have had to be much more 'defensive' - having to recover from a few setbacks, but still 'beating' as it were - and I'm sure that I'm not the most 'expert' by far!

So "Don't Try To Beat Search Algorithms" is WAY too strong! (IMO)

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees : yep yep yep
    • PhilipSEO agrees : true
  13. Contributing User

I agree completely. If your website needs to be manipulated to get into to the SERPs then obviously it wasn't good enough to begin with. There may be some money in it, but gaming the system is only a short term gain, the only way to make guaranteed money is to be in it for the long haul, especially with SEO. Creating user friendly content will always be the most critical point of SEO. A lot of us get caught up in just hitting the top then go crazy when we don't rank or get penalized. If we were all doing our jobs properly wouldn't our sites be ranked? Google is like a phone book, if the roof of your house is about to fall off and destroy everything you own because of a storm how would you feel when every listing under "Roofing" contained shallow crappy sites or things that weren't even related to what you need?
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by TcxAnthony
    If we were all doing our jobs properly wouldn't our sites be ranked? Google is like a phone book, if the roof of your house is about to fall off and destroy everything you own because of a storm how would you feel when every listing under "Roofing" contained shallow crappy sites or things that weren't even related to what you need?
    If Google were perfect at ranking the best sites at the top - I probably wouldn't try to game anything as that would be deceiving people as opposed to manipulating a computerised algorithm.
  17. No Profile Picture

Focusing on the last few comments, especially the one from 'TcxAnthony', I must say that the habit of tricking Google and other search Engines is so addictive to a group of people which also includes me not because we wan't to rank crappy and user-unfriendly, ad populated contents in the top for specific keywords. It's a habit..Just a habit, a Passion which in turn helps Google to better itself as somebody said previously I think.

Let me say you, I have a blog of my own on Physics, since I am Physics major..if You see the contents, you would know that the quality of those contents..and I don't even use adsense, but still I do use tactics like keyword optimization..that's because I wan't to share the knowledge with others and if a few Tactics help me to do that..is there any Problem to use them ??
  19. the mango demon

If making a good website with great content was the only criteria to ranking high on Google or similar SEs then absolutely no small business or even medium business has an iota of chance to compete against larger companies. We would have to make websites for each product then and target 'Nano Niches' instead of Micro Niches. Even that would be spam, because the world does not need it in my honest opinion.

We generally improve the website in a way what Search Engines seek from a web entity in order to classify them rank them for some particular keywords.
    During that process if we stumble over or dig up some way that can improve our marketing efforts by beating the SE, go ahead and do it. Its worth the time and money.

TcxAnthony, Belfast and Arnab have valid reasons too. Nice to hear your opinions on the issue. It definitely helps and influences me. Cheers.
  21. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Ya really don't want to game it, you want to be able to play in the game. Other you'll get called out by the umpire.
    The time comes where google gets it's 3rd out, then it's time to bat again. Hit where their not...Just part of the game.