1. No Profile Picture
    Utility Bot
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Costly SEO Mistakes You Must Avoid

I recently wrote an article about the various SEO-related mistakes that can cost your site its position in the search engine results pages (SERPs), to say nothing of traffic and conversions. Frankly, there are enough of these to fill a book, so Im writing a second article on the subject.

Read the full article here: Costly SEO Mistakes You Must Avoid

For more discussion go here: Blog Article Discussion

3. E-Marketing Expert
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Anything new in it

I read teh artcel i been taking care of these things before i started my SEO career.
    Still a great effort to bring awarness in people about SEO work.
  5. No Profile Picture

Well-researched and there are so many useful takeaways for publishers & marketers. I would like to add two more points here:

1) Ineffective link building strategy which focuses more on homepage rather than inner pages.

And while linking, using the same anchor text again and again is also a very common mistake. Penguin update made it even more important to use diversified anchor text for building links.

2) Stuffing your content with keywords. Putting your targeted/primary keywords in your page is not a wrong practice, but using it too many times in your content definitely is. Your keywords should look natural and should be placed strategically. Your copy should be reader-centric rather than SEO-centric.
  7. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Since this article was written more than 5 1/2 years ago ( ) I don't think we need to add stuff to it.

If needed, someone will come up with a new version, possibly containing all the modern pitfalls of crappy SEO.

Thread closed.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo