1. No Profile Picture
    Utility Bot
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Blekko Slashes into Search

It takes a real act of bravery to enter the search market these days. In the wake of Ask's laying off more than 100 engineers and under the shadow of Google's amazing dominance, however, Blekko just recently entered the field. Bucking for the number three position in search, what does it think it can offer that other search engines can't?

Read the full article here: Blekko Slashes into Search

For more discussion go here: Blog Article Discussion

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by SEO Chat
    It takes a real act of bravery to enter the search market these days. In the wake of Ask's laying off more than 100 engineers and under the shadow of Google's amazing dominance, however, Blekko just recently entered the field. Bucking for the number three position in search, what does it think it can offer that other search engines can't?

Read the full article here: Blekko Slashes into Search

For more discussion go here: Blog Article Discussion
    I just read yesterday that Skrenta, blekko CEO, said if they can garner 1% of search traffic that they would be a billion dollar company. I can't see it.

I have to admit though, I am pretty intrigued with the site. I look at it as a search machine that is for the more intelligent users, more of a social networking search machine. The reason being is due to the human interaction and the methods in which to search.

It is an odd little engine, but can it rival Google and Bing?
  5. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

number 3 positions?? weird never of that one.. yeah hope they offer something different..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Well if its ranking number 3 search then if they play their cards well they could be the next Google competition. I suggest blekko brings out and offers something Google isn't currently that will benefit its users.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I look at it as a search machine that is for the more intellget users, more of asocial networking search machine. The reason being is due to the human interaction and the methods in which to search. I suggest blekko brings out and offers something Google isn't currently that will benefit it's users.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo