1. Editor-in-Chief
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

5 Ways to Turn Old Content Into New Link Bait

Fresh content, as Ann Smarty so elegantly points out, is the lifeblood of blogs - both great and small. That doesn't mean, however, that you should ignore your old content. In fact, there are many benefits to repackaging that old content into something new.

This article by our resident guru gives you five - count em, five - ways to make the old new again.

Read how to turn your old content into new link bait now!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

@Jamespayne @Ann Smarty: Good Article just i checked it, one doubt in my mind. If we are getting good ranking in search engine with old content that time we will replace our content old to new. So ranking will get effect? Right. So what should be on this?

Other one sided Google updated always aware about content, always content should be of quality type. but ranking is coming with old content, now want changes our content of website so ranking will be effect so what is the benefits of this.
  5. SEO Learner
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Manish_Vats
    @Jamespayne @Ann Smarty: Good Article just i checked it, one doubt in my mind. If we are getting good ranking in search engine with old content that time we will replace our content old to new. So ranking will get effect? Right. So what should be on this?

Other one sided Google updated always aware about content, always content should be of quality type. but ranking is coming with old content, now want changes our content of website so ranking will be effect so what is the benefits of this.
    Doesn't it mean by Increasing?

updating content doesn't mean you will be in loss, it is depend on what changing you going to make? I have seen sometime spammer wins but that is a Google algo failure.

If I were ranked #1 by some keywords, I would never change anything excepting updating website's content through new blog posts, news etc

Why take risk?
  7. No Profile Picture

Is this not dangerous?
  9. No Profile Picture

This thread has so much to offer. Based on what I read from Ann's article about old content, those tips are really useful especially the use of eBooks since it is one of the effective ways now to build traffic. As long as you have good contents, whether old or new, then you're good to go. All are worth it!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Link bait is not dangerous as long as you are promoting good, unique and quality content. In fact, link bait strategies help a lot in making your content go viral and in the long run help you get more search engine and direct traffic. The article is really a good one. Thanks for the share
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have read something about this as well. Other bloggers tried to maximize and relive their old content by creating a blog post that is sort of like a reference.

Say for example, you have written a lot about "how to optimize..." or "how to get rid of..."

The article content discusses a little about what it has to offer and then lists down the article titles (previously written) that relates to the topic. All of the titles are linked to the individual blog posts. It is definitely like a reference page where you can easily navigate through pages.