Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Submitting to many article sites

Is there any real advantage in submitting the same article to several article sites? If they are all submitted at the same time the sites dont detect it because the other sites have not yet indexed that article.

But is there any SEO advantage do you think, or will Google ignore the duplicate articles?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From my limited understanding, if you submit to an article submission directory such as ezgoarticles then the original source is credited (such as your blog, if that is where it is first published). And I dont think you would suffer a duplicate content penalty, but I look forward to the real experts chiming in.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by bazish
    Is there any real advantage in submitting the same article to several article sites? If they are all submitted at the same time the sites dont detect it because the other sites have not yet indexed that article.

But is there any SEO advantage do you think, or will Google ignore the duplicate articles?
    I wouldn't submit to any.
    1. Your article has to get crawled to be of any value

2. Your article (if crawled) gets an equal share of whatever link juice is available... the thing is - "what's available?"

3. Supplemental results prevents pages of low PageRank from passing link juice
    The chance of getting any link juice from any article submission portals is about 0.0% to 0.01%

If you are writing articles about "dogs" - find great dog sites to submit your articles to... then the potential for returns is significantly better.

If they reject you because your information isn't up to snuff... that's the point... "free isn't worth much".
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Normally, people submit one article to various directories in the hope of getting links pointing their website from each of them. Also, each article directory has its own Users strength with high numbers from particular region. So based on the value of the article directory in various regions, you can go submit the article into all standard Directories with minimum optimization which can return visitors from all over the world!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    I wouldn't submit to any.
    1. Your article has to get crawled to be of any value

2. Your article (if crawled) gets an equal share of whatever link juice is available... the thing is - "what's available?"

3. Supplemental results prevents pages of low PageRank from passing link juice
    The chance of getting any link juice from any article submission portals is about 0.0% to 0.01%

If you are writing articles about "dogs" - find great dog sites to submit your articles to... then the potential for returns is significantly better.

If they reject you because your information isn't up to snuff... that's the point... "free isn't worth much".
    I'm surprised. Are you saying that there is really no benefit in submitting to Article sites at all?

Surely a little link juice from each is still worth it, and it could bring some real visitors too.
  11. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by mv5869
    I'm surprised. Are you saying that there is really no benefit in submitting to Article sites at all?

Surely a little link juice from each is still worth it, and it could bring some real visitors too.
    Don't accept my word... test it yourself... assuming that millions of folks that don't know any better; know better is a really, REALLY bad assumption to base business success on.
  13. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by mv5869
    Surely a little link juice from each is still worth it
    Here are the issues with the above.

1. All pages that have very little or no PageRank are assigned to supllemental results.

2. All pages assigned to supplemental results do not pass any link juice... 0, none, nothing, zilch, zip.

3. So check all your articles in all of the article submission sites and find all those PR4 (PR4 and above you can be sure are not in supplemental)... PR3 most won't be supplemental, PR2 probably half are supplemental, PR1 most are supplemental, and PR0 are all supplemental...

All supplemental pages DO NOT PASS LINK JUICE

To test - add dlwyfd6dm3pdjd9r4 link anchor to articles you submit to submission sites... if juice is passed to a page that doesn't have that reference on it... it will rank... you will find only the page with the link anchor will rank.

Hence - nothing to passed... hence you wasted alot of writing, alot of copy, and alot of time on something that does nothing.

Traffic? ...1 not so targeted visitor a year isn't viable traffic.

Comments on this post

• mv5869 agrees
    • EGOL agrees
    Last edited by fathom; Mar 10th, 2010 at 07:37 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture

As far as know you can submit the same article to more than one site. if you write unique articles and submit them to just one directory each, some of your articles will never even get published! So by submitting your articles to several article directories, you increase the chances that your article will be accepted and published by some of them.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    Here are the issues with the above.

1. All pages that have very little or no PageRank are assigned to supllemental results.

2. All pages assigned to supplemental results do not pass any link juice... 0, none, nothing, zilch, zip.

3. So check all your articles in all of the article submission sites and find all those PR4 (PR4 and above you can be sure are not in supplemental)... PR3 most won't be supplemental, PR2 probably half are supplemental, PR1 most are supplemental, and PR0 are all supplemental...

All supplemental pages DO NOT PASS LINK JUICE

To test - add dlwyfd6dm3pdjd9r4 link anchor to articles you submit to submission sites... if juice is passed to a page that doesn't have that reference on it... it will rank... you will find only the page with the link anchor will rank.

Hence - nothing to passed... hence you wasted alot of writing, alot of copy, and alot of time on something that does nothing.

Traffic? ...1 not so targeted visitor a year isn't viable traffic.
    Wow. Well I think I have wasted a lot of time. I will try your test. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I wish I had the time to test this out from scratch, but on the other hand the value of these forums is to accept the greater knowledge of others

Just to confirm is it really pointless to conduct article marketing by submitting to multiple article sites?
  19. No Profile Picture

Helpfulness of Article Marketing

There are plenty of article sites with high page ranks that can boost your web promotion goals. Ezinearticles.com, Articlesbase.com and Goarticles.com are to name a few.

Comments on this post

• fathom : High PsgeRank homepages do nothing for you if your articles aren't there.
  21. No Profile Picture

Article Marketing Can't Be Ignored

Originally Posted by Limex
    There are plenty of article sites with high page ranks that can boost your web promotion goals. Ezinearticles.com, Articlesbase.com and Goarticles.com are to name a few.
    Article marketing is highly effective, subject to you have the quality articles and have posted them to a number of high quality article directories. I have mentioned only a few. Prepare a minimum of 10 articles to begin with on your keywords with excellent information for readers and post them in article directories having PR 6, 5, 4, or 3. Keep adding articles at regular intervals. Don't forget to keep links to your website in the resource box.

I have done it myself with good results. Some article directories drive quality unique visitors to your site. You can receive dual benefits, backlinks as well as traffic. However, it may be time consuming. Compliment with other promotion strategies, maybe social media optimization, blogging etc. for further benefits.
  23. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by Limex
    Article marketing is highly effective, subject to you have the quality articles and have posted them to a number of high quality article directories. I have mentioned only a few. Prepare a minimum of 10 articles to begin with on your keywords with excellent information for readers and post them in article directories having PR 6, 5, 4, or 3. Keep adding articles at regular intervals. Don't forget to keep links to your website in the resource box.

I have done it myself with good results. Some article directories drive quality unique visitors to your site. You can receive dual benefits, backlinks as well as traffic. However, it may be time consuming. Compliment with other promotion strategies, maybe social media optimization, blogging etc. for further benefits.
    You will find that if you only did article submission to popular ezines - you get nothing.

Let's look at an example...
    Prepare a minimum of 10 articles to begin with on your keywords with excellent information for readers and post them in article directories having PR 6, 5, 4, or 3.
    I would believe you are suggesting your article will become a PR6 page to a minimum of PR3 page - yes?

Or

I would believe you are suggesting your article will on the homepage (to acquire a PR6 to a minimum of PR3) yes?

...If you only use the homepage PageRank as an unrelated reference... here's what you forget about Google specifically.

In 2006 Google introduced a new way of organizing web pages in its archive - that's was supplemental results. The value of supplemental results to Google was -- would it allow pages with low PageRank to rank for phrases "off the beaten path" (e.g. longtail stuff) but all links resident on these pages would be "turned off" and not pass any link juice "UNLESS" there isn't enough higher PageRank literary discussion about the search topic. (something new never 'termed' before -- pages would have links turned on).

Since you never EVER get anything more than a PR0 - PR2 level links from ezines... you can be 99% sure none of the links you have in ezines do anything directly.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey guys am confused now.. all this while i thought article submission was of great help...now am really really confused :-|
  27. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by bizminder
    Hey guys am confused now.. all this while i thought article submission was of great help...now am really really confused :-|
    Worthless "UNLESS" your article sits on the homepage for a little bit and your links are no more than two clicks away from homepage (or a high juice page)
  29. No Profile Picture

If you submit one and the same article in bulk to many sites, that will not be good. But if you do it gradually within a certain persod of time, it will be ok.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: