1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keyword focused stratergies

Hi,

I am wanting devise an SEO strategy for the company I work for but only have a basic knowledge of SEO.

Can anyone give me some basic methods for targeting particular keywords that I have identified and want to focus on?

I understand that there are methods like Article Submissions, Directory Submissions, Press Releases, On Site Blog Updates, Social Bookmarking that can be used to get links and increase traffic, but I do not understand how these methods can be used to increase my page's prominence for certain keywords that I have identified that I want to focus on.

Can anyone explain how and if the above methods can be used to increase my page's prominence for certain keywords that I have identified and any other on and off site methods to achieve this?
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Originally Posted by Glynn01
    I understand that there are methods like Article Submissions, Directory Submissions, Press Releases, On Site Blog Updates, Social Bookmarking that can be used to get links and increase traffic, but I do not understand how these methods can be used to increase my page's prominence for certain keywords that I have identified that I want to focus on.
    All the methods you delineated, above, are of little use. Read the links at my sig and the stickies at the beginning of each sub-forum here. Once learned, start asking questions.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    All the methods you delineated, above, are of little use. Read the links at my sig and the stickies at the beginning of each sub-forum here. Once learned, start asking questions.
    Fantastic, thanks for this reply
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

whatever activity you are do whether off page or on page but if you don't give hyperlink in your post than you not getting traffic for your site and if you give then there is much more traffic in your site.
  9. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

its the usual link building technique, but just like what SEO_AM said those are of little use. But they also count as backlinks and backlinks is one of the factor for your site rankings. You also have to consider the quality and relevancy of links to get better results.
  11. No Profile Picture

Get a chance to learn many new things ?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

some keyword strategies are google analytics and long tail keyword research.
  15. No Profile Picture

Are you getting better traffic in your site trough better keyword promotion then maintain your keyword first is really good strategy for getting better business. Doing better relevant and quality work and using more fresh contain is really most important to maintain your keyword very well.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Business Listing is also very effective approach for online business holders.