1. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You shouldnt and should worry about this!!!

Things people shouldnt worry about

1- Alexa ranking

2- Google Backlink count

3- Keyword density

4- Over Optimization

5- Websites linking you but you are not linking them

6- Your Website's Pagerank

7- Your Links's Pagerank

8- Your Future Pagerank

9- How to get a high Pagerank

10- ANY OTHER THING ABOUT PAGERANK

11- Summit you website to google or any other SE

12- Spam, you cant do much about it so why worry about it...

13- Altavista, Lycos, Infoseek optimization

14- Yahoos's Directory

15- Domain name as a plus for rankings

16- Number of links you can get daily or weekly

17- Meta Keywords

18- Meta Revisit

19- Text size

20- Amount of times google bot visits your website

21- Trying to get a huge amount of people in your website... what you should do is try to lower you convertion rate instead of getting the most amount of people in your website.

Things People should be worry about, that they sometimes doesnt pay attention to

1- Title importance: a nice title can be the key to get clients on the SE results. A title that talks about the product they search can catch the attention of the potential clients and make him click on your website to find more information.

2- Description importance: a nice description can be the key to get clients on the SE results. This can help you finish he descition process of the potential client by giving a small review of what he is going to see in you website.

3- The usability issues of a website: this can make the client stay more on a website if they feel confortable

4- A nice and clear text: sometimes people care alot on the keyword density and this can affect the way people read the text making it a little hard and not pleasent to read.

5- Text size: a nice text size and with some bolds and italics and work really good to get people's attention.

6-Different titles and descriptions: a different title and description of every page of a website can be the key to get more people in your website becuase google can rank this pages under different keywords and this can give some nice traffic.

7- Convertion Rate: people dont see the importance of getting a nice convertion rate, this is very important becuase your business should spin around this, the higher % the better...

8- The analitic part: People dont see that this part is one of the most important parts of SEM and maybe SEO. The analitic part can tell you alot of things about your clients like:
    -where do they come from
    -how many time they spend in the website
    -what do they see
    -how to they get to pages
    -how they interact with the website

well for me this is the most important thing becuase for example if your clients come from spain and your site is in english a good way to get more clients is make a spanish version.. dont you think?

9- Having a nice website to get one-way links: people this days only want to have traffic but they dont see that having a nice and well design website can get you tons of traffic with almost no effort.

10- Clean code

11- A domain that can be remember:

which domain will you remember easily?
    the-best-solutions-here-in-this-store.eu
    or this
    extring.com and you put as title "the best solutions here in this store"

12- Quality content: if people dont find the information they are looking for they will go out so the best thing you can do is write the correct and most completed information you can this way the potential client will feel that you know what you are salling and this can help close a deal...

13- Color and images: dont use generic images try to get images that really represent your company, i know some images are nice but if you look around you may find that every person got the same and this talks alot about a company. The color of the website can be very subjective and this can help you alot to make people get more in your website, try to read some about color theory because this can make your client feel more at home...color are important trust me

14- Planning SEM strategies: this is very important i had always said here in this forum that huge keywords can get you tons of traffic but in some times not so many clients becuase of the competition, but small but traget keywords can get you that traffic that noone optimize and this can get you higher convertion rates (long tail)

15- Internal linking structure: this can help you get google bot crawl your website easier than having a page that is hard to find, this can also be a pain for people so try to make a nice sitemap and have a nice internal link structure.

16- Sitemap not for google purpose: the sitemap was originally made for large websites that got tons and tons of divisions and what it was supose to do is guide people around the website by showing them where was the information they wanted, but it seem that this purpose had been lost and now sitemaps are made only for crawlers. This can be a good part of the website becuase it can guide people to pages without needing to see all the website... this can help people that want to get to a page but they dont know where to go...

17- Link value (one way): alot of people dont think that links from any type of websites help they think that only high pagerank and old websites help, but the truth is that any link help... i know that not all help the same way but still help.

18- Chosing the keyword and making the optimization: well i know many people had been doing this, i know is not a bad way to do it but there is better way to optimize a keyword. Many people had been exchanging links with the same keyword over and over again and this doesnt seem very natural, so i had make some conclusion and it seem that this is one of the best ways to do it... which is have some variations on the main keyword. Lets say my keyword is cars well i try to optimize all the keywords in where cars are involved like: red cars, blue cars, nice cars... this seem more natural than gotting 1000 million links with the keyword cars on it and it seem more natural... also it will help you rank alot of keywords and get you a little more traffic, it will also help if you are in sandbox becuase you will rank the long tail waiting for the main keyword to get out of sandbox.

Carlos Ch.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : Nice effort, but the newbies will still ask them.
    • distinctseo agrees
    • raz agrees : Nice List.
    • seomonkeymanocp agrees : very nice
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  3. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Nice effort, but the newbies will still ask them.
    Well i hope that newbies see this can read it before posting... i will add it to my sign this way more people can see it..
  5. Banned
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Some points which you mentioned for "No Worry" can't be ignored completely and must be under consideration during SEO.
    As far as Second part "Should Worry" is concern "nice job" all what i can say.
  7. SEO at Sea
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kk bhakuni
    Some points which you mentioned for "No Worry" can't be ignored completely and must be under consideration during SEO.
    As far as Second part "Should Worry" is concern "nice job" all what i can say.
    Not sure I agree with the Yahoo Dir as a not worry about type. Sure, you can get along fine without it. However, depending on where your site is, or how new it is adding to the yahoo dir in my opinion is well worth it. Especially if you are not getting into Dmoz (another submit and then dont worry about it catagory?).

The site I am currently working on was getting no SERPS at all, that is until the yahoo dir added it. (I am confident that it made a large difference).
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I would suggest Yahoo still has relevance and the Sitemaps are not necessarily for Googel alone, but used by them when trying to determine and acquire (new) navigation for your website.
  11. SEO at Sea

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by djstreet
    I would suggest Yahoo still has relevance and the Sitemaps are not necessarily for Googel alone, but used by them when trying to determine and acquire (new) navigation for your website.
    True, in fact having a site map as an RSS feed and then bookmarking that on your yahoo, google, AOL, and MSN pages is a good diea.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

As a relative newbie I have questions about the things you shouldnt worry about. Fact is Im worrying about them and would like you to elaborate on why I shouldnt. I am worried ive over optimised, I'm worried ive gone over the top on keyword density and im worried I went to far with the alt tags. I think google hates me and Ill never crack it. To sum it up I'm a paranoid soab.

Can you put my mind at rest ?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

nice work, thanks, covered pretty much of the things a webmaster should care about
  17. SEO at Sea

Originally Posted by Furniture_SEO
    nice work, thanks, covered pretty much of the things a webmaster should care about
    So, I am scouring the web looking for link building info and low and behold I find an article about the yahoo dir on no-less a site than seomoz.org.

Not sure if I can cut and copy it..but here goes. The full article is at http://www.linkbuildingblog.com/ I'd have to agree with his comments because I have seen the same results.
    =========================

The Final Word on the Yahoo! Directory

I've been visiting webmaster forums for several years and one of the yearly discussions is "Is the Yahoo! Directory worth it?"

The answers always range from "Hell no!" to "Hell yes!" and the discussion centers on various points such as traffic sent, and the value of the link.

If you're still not sure whether to shell out the $299 USD, it's your lucky day, because you're getting my definitive answer.

Is the Yahoo! Directory worth $299 USD a year?

Yes, yes, yes, YES. Yes it is.

Here's why: it's an uber-trusted link. (Hint: a sandbox-beater.)

How do I know? Besides the fact that it's one of two link building sources mentioned directly in Google's guidelines for webmasters? I have empirical evidence: launching a dozen sites this past year, and getting some of them halfway out of the box with just a few trusted directory links (Yahoo! being the main workhorse, bCentral and business.com are my other favorites).

Objections:

1) But the links are redirects/301'd! How could they possibly pass juice?

First of all, it's silly to think that Google couldn't or wouldn't figure out how to make the links count anyway, considering the site is one of two trusted directories they specifically mention in their guidelines.

Secondly... ever heard of cloaking? Check the Google cache. Do you see any redirects?

2) $299 USD/year is too expensive!

It's the price of trust, my friend. If you know a cheaper way to get a trusted link (that takes the same amount of time), do let us know ;-)

*Props to Fuzzuck.com for inspiring this post, and stating the same ideas more eloquently.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile

Nice post. Lots of information for beginners. Intially we shouldnot worry about page rank & back links on Google. It would take ages for google to update them for newsites. Besides, the sandbox effect for new sites. So concentrating on good content in the site is important.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo