1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Would you consider this blog post as high quality?

We have a new post on our blog, I think it is the best one yet but i am not very experienced in content, would you consider this post to be high quality and does it have potential to gain links?

boardsdirect.co.uk/content/499/is-sitting-all-day-really-that-bad/

Thanks
    Last edited by Chedders; Aug 22nd, 2017 at 11:29 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think the article is just fine but as a guy who loves neat and concise, I find it wordy.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Pinder325,
    In my experience, blogs are usually the biggest time wasting tactic on the Internet because folk do not consider these issues:

1. Why are you blogging?
    2. Who are your blog audiences?
    3. Where are they?
    4. What do you want them to do?

The blog article you reference has no intrinsic SEO value. Amongst other problems it does not even include:

• a link to one of your site shop pages
    • a call to action
    • an incentive to buy
    • where the visitor is located on the site

It seems to me, the most likely action for anyone arriving at this page is for them to bounce back to the search results.

Forget the vague term "quality" content and concentrate instead on your blog page's "relevance" to a search query from a targeted potential client.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Unfortunately true
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I think the article is great and will certainly bring in visitors using conversational type search queries. Are you trading links with websites that you have the outbound links pointing to or are those your websites as well? Congratulations to you for capturing this vital element of SEO with this article. If I may make one suggestion, I would try and stay a little more relevant to your product offering as that might bring in more qualified visitors. Keep writing, the key to great traffic that converts is best-of-the-web content!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I totally agree with this. It took me many years to really understand what my audience wants. And after trying countless of niches and domains left to expire for many years, I found one I'm passionate about.

Right now, I'm all into creating quality content. Taking a look at what keywords are driving my visitors and responding to comments on a daily basis really helped me understand their needs. This fueled the never-ending page updates.

I also would like to commend Hotjar's incoming feedback system. Because the system is so easy to use, my non-techie visitors leave comments day in, day out. The feedback I gathered there are just rough gems, breathe of fresh air helping me create even more targeted content.

It's a hard work, a slow-paced process but I know they're going to read it.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I wouldn't feel right to tell you its great!

I've spent some time in the publishing game so I'll pass on what I learnt:

1) Rethink your title. The one you have is too weak and watery. Instead: "Sitting increases risk of death by 40%" or "You won't believe what sitting is doing to you" or something like that. Alternatively do the numbers thing: "7 ways sitting can kill you ... and how to avoid them"

The numbers thing is always pushed by publishers "9 ways", "7 things", "5 techniques". Not ever tracked down the research but many in the industry sing off the same hymn sheet on this.

2) Smarten it up. Your text can be stellar but if it looks like a high school project it might struggle to engage readers.

Center your images or wrap your text.

I use Upwork and hire a graphic designer so everything looks made to measure and not distracting. I even get inforgraphics remade (although I state that the inforgraphic is inspired by .... blah+link).

This is much cheaper than most people think. You can have a bespoke set of graphics for an article like yours for under $50.

Break down your text so you don't have so many big blocks. Look at how news sites do it.

3) JohnAimets comment about a lack of call to action is very valid. You show three pieces of furniture there - do you sell any of them? If so link to it.

4) Now spin (not in an evil way) some of the content to appeal to niches - e.g. an article "14 exercises you can do at your desk" with an explanation as to why they are good and what they are for.

Again - work in your products - which of your chairs would work best for this?

That's off the cuff but some starting ideas ....

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees : Once you have the contact think about the conversion funnel :D
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by PInder325
    We have a new post on our blog, I think it is the best one yet but i am not very experienced in content, would you consider this post to be high quality and does it have potential to gain links?

boardsdirect.co.uk/content/499/is-sitting-all-day-really-that-bad/

Thanks
    Your blog conveys it clearly what you want to describe but if you think from user's perspectives then you need to make it a bit engaging. Secondly, the images that you have used are not properly formatted.
    This makes it quite distracting to quality of your blog post.
    Overall, your blog is great to read!
  15. No Profile Picture

Definitely is a good read but the images are a bit distracting in their current positions.
  17. No Profile Picture

The post is nice though I have some issues with the images. You have to make an effort to read all the wording on the pics. And as I see a perfect blog - it should be in one style. I mean fonts on the pictures, design. Visual characteristics are really important so consider improving that.