1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Is it worth checking your SERP?

Hi guys,

I've learned that search results appear differently to different people even though the same search term was used. And that this is because search results are also dependent on the historical search behaviour of a person, geographical location, etc. If so, what's the use of tracking your SERP if you know that this is not the same with different people? How do you tell clients that what they see might be different from what you see and might be different from what their customers see?

And yet you still need to track because it's better to have a gauge than nothing at all. Is there even really a tool for this function considering the above circumstances?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Google has this list of over 100,000 known locations you can search from. You can craft a query that will return results from any of those locations. You can be in Mountain View, and get results as if sitting in a McDonalds in Los Angeles Cal.

Now why would you want to do this ? Well the answer is simple for local search.

Suppose you live in England, and you have a client that lives in Los Angeles California, USA. They are a local Restaurant and only want clientele from 50 miles / 80 kilometer radius.

Just one of many reasons....
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

To somewhat it is worth checking your ranking of a keyword on SERP because it gives an idea of where our keywords are ranking an how much work is required to make any keyword visible on the first page of search engine. In order to avoid manual checking of keywords' ranking on search, we can use various free tools such as SERPROBOT etc to track our keywords ranking. Better the keyword ranking, means better the leads for any business.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

But then that holds true ONLY if the factor considered is geographical location. But there's also historical search behaviour. If my understanding is correct, this means that even if both are in the same location, used the same search term, but have different historical search behaviour (which is 99.9% certain), then they will still get different results.

On the other hand I'm curious if there are free tools that can allow you to check the SERP for different locations like you said. I've tried Advanced Web Ranking on a free trial but I can't vouch for any tool out there except Google's own Search Console (which does not really allow you to check for a specific term - instead only those for which you got impressions).
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Search engine differs for different location as Possum Update you can get more ranking position in your location. You need to check for your position of the site.