1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Will a redirected site get scanned by google - seo ?'s

We have a website that we are just starting that is currently on weebly. We have redirected our domain name, pursesandbling.com, to pursesandbling.weebly.com until we figure out how to use our new dreamweaver software to create our own customized site. We submitted our website a few weeks ago but google isn't listing it at all yet for our search term, grace adele. Will google recognize that website as having any content on it if it is redirected to another website? Do we need to scratch the redirect idea? We honestly don't know how to pick the template or up load it to our web hosting site yet so that is why we redirected to weebly.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

How old is the site?
    Did you submit a sitemap?
    Do you have any links pointing to your site?
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture

The site is only about a month old. A sitemap hasn't been submitted yet and there aren't any links pointing towards it yet. So far there is only one page to the site, hence no site map. I will do some links towards it today, though.
  7. SEO Consultant

Google probably has no idea the site even exists. Submit a sitemap and build a few links.
  9. No Profile Picture

If I type in "christine bangerter grace adele" it shows up as the first link so google sees it but I can't find it if I type in "grace adele" and search back until all of the grace adele websites are done which is a ways. Did get one link in on a blog today.
  11. SEO Consultant

Oh. That's apples and oranges.

You'll need to read the stickies in the Link Building threads and build links to your site and practice proper SEO. It can take months or years to rank for keywords. You might be better off hiring a professional.
  13. No Profile Picture

Actually I am the #1 consultant website for my website lovefondue.com with the keyword "velata" for Velata fondue warmer and chocolates on google. I have done everything for mine and completely manage and build it myself. It has taken me 10 months to get there but I am right behind the actual company and am the third link. The issue I am running into with this one is I am helping another consultant with her Grace Adele site and but trying to teach her at least what I know and not do it for her. Hence, she doesn't know how to upload the stuff yet (and I haven't had time to figure it out for her as I am doing my own) but I am helping her some. When I submitted my website when I started it, I could find it within about 2 weeks. I can't figure out what I did differently with hers besides it is being redirected and if that is the issue.