1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Will a Forum Help Boost SEO?

I am wondering whether opening a forum could be a good move for your SEOs efforts.

Some people go for the private FB group, and I'm wondering which one I should go for.

Assuming that a forum is successful, more people would come back and would spend longer on your website.

Or do you think Google might discount that data when it perceives the users are spending time on the forum and/or coming back to check the forum only?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

A forum can help a site provided it's used and set up correctly. Users will add content for free, but you have to keep it spam free. Which can be a problem if you don't know what your doing and if you don't it could hurt your site.

Comments on this post

• engine agrees
    • GrowME agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Optimizing the forum to improve your overall SEO efforts is accomplished through a multi-pronged strategy. The first and most important is good content in the forum. Good, high quality content on forums, message boards and the website itself are mandatory to attract and retain internet traffic and convert them to buyers or readers
  7. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Depends on your industry. In general, I think forums are a thing of the past. Only experts participate in forms, social media is where it's at these days.But my limited experience managing forums for businesses, it often causes more troubles than benefits.

Nevertheless, you should try it and see if it does add any value.
    Enterprise SEO Consultant at Sefati & Company
  9. No Profile Picture

I agree that now social networks are in great demand than forums. Forums are already used much less, its analogue in the form of question / answer increasingly predominates, where the user asks the question and is answered and flagged the answer with the right decision or not. For example, similar forums can be seen on the website Wix or Squarespace.
  11. No Profile Picture

Yes, because forum posting is very useful because by this we can increase the traffic and improve our visibility of backlinks. I think it is very interesting and useful Off-Page SEO technique that not only help us to increase our website traffic but also it helps for increasing our website backlinks as well.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes I went for the hosted forum in the end and couldn't be happier.

Not yet SEO-wise much as it's still new (plus I've been hit bad by the March update), but it's perfect to be used for quick thoughts as well.
    Anything coming to your mind that doesn't deserve an article?
    Perfect for a forum post.

So far I'm mostly speaking to myself, and yet at least 1 user per day registers, and it's mostly because of the forum.

I'll keep you updated if I start seeing some traffic or some better analytics because of the forum.
  15. No Profile Picture

If your forum helps people in solving their doubts, it's beneficial for you! You can promote your product when people are coming to your website to solve their problems/doubts. If not SEO, it will definitely bring brand awareness and will create brand recall value for you. Quora is a superb example of a forum based (Q&A) business model.
  17. No Profile Picture

Yes, Forum has the capability to drive traffic to your website, which helps to boost search engine optimization.
  19. No Profile Picture

Yes forum can increase the traffic on your website. If it didn't do the task then it can help remove your doubts regarding any topic and will help you gain knowledge.