Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Angry Why wont my ranking move?

Hi.

I'v been doing SEO for a website for around 18 months now and we have been up and down keyword rankings throughout. However, I managed to reach position 4 for the main keyword "playground equipment", which was more than satisfactory. The site has been gradually falling and now fluctuates between position 25 and 35 on a weekly basis. I can't seem to get past position 25.

On competitor analysis I simply cant understand why we aren't up their with the best ranking websites. Our on page SEO seems very similar, the links (quantity and quality) seems similar and we post regular, content rich blog posts... which our competitors don't seem to be doing. So hopefully you can understand my frustrations!

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful... My website is www(dot)espplay(dot)co(dot)uk

Thanks in advance.
    Matt
    Last edited by jamespayne; Jan 20th, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
  3. Addicted to SEO
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Your website has too little links with "playground equipment" in the anchor text. Besides, you've been acquiring bery little links lately, according to Majestic SEO.

I know it's important to get links with brand anchor texts but you have to many of them ;-)
  5. No Profile Picture

Yes...I have too facing same problem...
  7. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It looks to me like you were using a link network that has been taken down as many of your links are from websites that no longer exist. Choose your in bound links very carefully young Jedi, quality links from well moderated, relevant sites only.
  9. No Profile Picture

^^ agree with KernelPanic, no idea how you you do the agree in someones comment.

Your site is really tidy, there is a tool for comparing you site to a rivals it is definitely on Chrome and it must be on Firefox the name escapes me and I am on a very locked down computer right now so I have to use ie.

Do you guys think the Mega menu may(very unlikely) be confusing the Search Engines?

@lexy do you think Matt could contact the webmasters of some of the sites where brand anchor text is and ask them to change it to a keyword?
  11. Agency SEO

Stop, do not use keywords in your links people.
  13. No Profile Picture

So are off page keywords are a big no no? What would you have for an off site deep link just out of curiosity and do you think old school link building is as dead as a dodo?
  15. Addicted to SEO

Originally Posted by evil beejeebers
    @lexy do you think Matt could contact the webmasters of some of the sites where brand anchor text is and ask them to change it to a keyword?
    No, I would suggest acquiring new links with keyword rich anchor text.

KernelPanic, if it is made reasonably, it won't hurt.
  17. Agency SEO

Lexy, be careful, you are going to get websites put deep in the weeds with your advice.
  19. Agency SEO

Originally Posted by evil beejeebers
    So are off page keywords are a big no no? What would you have for an off site deep link just out of curiosity and do you think old school link building is as dead as a dodo?
    Link building as it was done in the past is dead but you still need links to rank in a competitive environment. exact Key phrase spamming in your links is D E A D and will get you in trouble.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

To add to the others, the site also has 46 internal broken links and needs checking thoroughly with Xenu Link Sleuth which is a free program.
  23. No Profile Picture

You have to use some new SEO techniques which may really help your website to get ranked. its not enough only to build more backlinks you have to use only quality contents. Check which type of backlinks you are creating. Work on drip feed and does proper indexing. Use high page ranked and page authority sites only to create backlinks.
  25. Contributing User

Somewhere between your modem and your browser
    It's all about the quality and context of the link in todays link environment.

I've put a site on the first page of Google with just 16. not 16,000 random|different|unique keyword combinations.

It's easy, but it will take 6 months.

Or you can muscle it into the market just by spending and you trim that down to two. The problem is that you can't just blast and wait (like the old days) you've got to be really constant. In the blackhat forums they all talk about link velocity, but they don't add in the quality and relevance metric because the tools that are being sold dont focus on that, they focus on volume.

You won't get anywhere without paying nowadays, but it is much easier that you think if you just set the goals medium term (I know that was not what the poster asked, but i just wanted to say it!)

LittleG.
  27. No Profile Picture

It may be possible that you are not changing your content. You should use a fresh content. Do maximum to maximum SMO which will helps in increasing your SERP.
  29. No Profile Picture

I think your website has penalties for those keywords which you have target mainly. check it.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: