1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation Why backlinks are not indexed?

I am having issue with the back links i have created that they are not getting indexed. How can i make google to index my back links?
    I have checked on different sites that the back links created by me way back 2 months ago are still not indexed.
    Suggest me some thing to index my links.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Seems that the sites you put the backlinks on are not worthy of ranking by Google, ie they are link farms. Google could also have decided that your links are link spam and has ignored them.

Then there is also the possibility that Google has not gotten around to indexing them.

What is the site name you are creating back links for ???
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have created backlinks on many different reputed sites having a good alexa score but still its not getting indexed. Even a picture i uploaded on flicker is not yet been indexed. https://www.flickr.com/photos/159100...posted-public/ This is a picture uploaded about 2 months back on Flickr and its not yet been indexed by google. Similar is the case with other reputed websites. Kindly guide me that how can i make post to be indexed.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Aside from the "quality" of backlinks you create, less quality backlinks do not really get indexed well, you also have to consider that there are websites with "no index" feature on their pages. This may be the reason why the backlinks you've created do not get indexed.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi Anaskarim

Maybe this site is not such a good place for you to post links.... just saying.

edited to add....
    Sites with a good alexa score only have that score because folks with the alexa toolbar are using it. Most people searching for your services will not have the alexa toolbar installed. Understand that the alexa toolbar is only used for the most part by folks subscribing to alexa.

I personally do not chase, use or count on Alexa or Moz DA PA Maybe you shouldn't eiter.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
  11. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

It is no-follow anyway, right?

Took Google 3 months to acknowledge my Huff post link in my search console. This was a good quality article which is ranking reasonably well, too.

This link isn't really adding value to the search engine or users, still maybe time will tell though I guess. No-follows won't effect the SERPS in any way though.. the main objective of a no-follow is still being met because those browsing through tumblr may click on the link anyway

But yeah, I totally agree with KOS, I don't see any benefit to trying to obtain a link from tumblr. If I'm going to be honest it just looks spammy - there are a million and one other places which would be more suitable for the business you're advertising
    Last edited by matt1966; Jan 10th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.
  13. Contributing User

There are two possibilities according to me:
    1. The sites are of less authority with mostly no-follow links so it could be the reason that you have not been indexed yet
    2. As @KnowOneSpecial stated, they might be a part of link farms and so Google frowns it.