1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What's next after on page SEO?

I have a local website that I want to rank on the first page of Google, after doing on-site SEO work, what can I do for off site? Some one with experience of putting their page on 1st page of Google need answer only.

Off site work that I have done:

1. Submitting to local business directory

My next step is blog commenting. Is this the right direction?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Rhonda_lam
    I have a local website that I want to rank on the first page of Google, after doing on-site SEO work, what can I do for off site? Some one with experience of putting their page on 1st page of Google need answer only.

This is forum to discuss seo not to guide you personally to get to page 1.
    If that's what you need hire someone.
  5. No Profile Picture

What's wrong with asking this question?? I have read many books and threads on this forum but they all point me to different directions.
  7. No Profile Picture

And hiring someone is not a good suggestion. 1st - it's expensive, 2nd - it is not sustainable
  9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

And hiring someone is not a good suggestion
    Actually It's a great suggestion especially in the case of a business website. A business main objective is to generate revenue and unfortunately when it comes to SEO there are some errors that can be made that would make your site crash and burn.

1st - it's expensive / it is not sustainable
    It is and is is not... You won't get quality work on fiverr but this does not mean an SEO will cost you 200 per hour. You pay for someone for his knowledge (the time it took to gain a level of expertise) and for his time. Most SEOs earn less than plumbers. So I wouldn't say it's expensive. This doesn't mean you need to hire someone to do every single modification on your site but a full audit and a road map of things to do will be a very good thing and I deeply think that every business should at least take this step. It should also be noticed that lot a advice is given here for free by full-time SEOs I do understand that every business has it's own reality but reading such shortcuts has a tendency to drive me nuts.

Now this being said, Off Page SEO is tricky and dangerous, and the strategy mostly depends on the type of products or services you provide and your geographical area (town / region / country / planet ). It's hard to help you out without knowing more about your website, your company and your objectives.

You also state that your On-Page SEO is done, but I would be glad to double check it for you if you provide me a URL. Most of the time people say my On-Page is done and in the end things happen to be a bit more complex than what they thought.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Oct 15th, 2017 at 08:56 AM.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your thorough reply. I have several websites I need to rank on the page for. Would appreciate it if you could take a look and point out which one has the most potential to rank on first page of Google.

maxlove-petsitter.com

(This is a local service website)

dejavucatfashion.com

(Someone told me this is a replicated website and therefore SEO is not possible to do)

catcatworld.com

(This is the one I have most confidence on because it has all the tools and features I need to do SEO)

dejavucat.com

(This website is very competitive in the keyword I want to rank in, so I'm not very optimistic about it).
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:52 PM. Reason: delink
  13. Contributing User

Yes well Pierre certainly has a point - I took a quick look at catcatworld and it is far from finished regarding on Page SEO - I mean a million miles ....

But I don't understand the original question - how is this website suitable for local SEO?
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hi Rhonda_Iam

Notice the Bread Crumb Trail.......

17. No Profile Picture

Sorry, I just posted along the other websites of my own so you guys can give me some comments. The local website is the maxlove-petsitter one.
  19. Contributing User

The local website is the maxlove-petsitter one.
    Same response I'm afraid - there is an awful lot of on-Page SEO to do here. I would suggest two things:
    1) look at the stickies on this forum if you want to really learn SEO
    2) consider switching to WordPress to modernize the look of your site, Wix websites are not the easiest to SEO.

Very good service by the way - wish I had something like that where I live!!!!

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
    • Prof.stan agrees
  21. No Profile Picture

In addition to what Doodled has provided....

Run your sites thru Googles Mobile Friendly Test ...

https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly

I ran maxlove-petsitter.com thru it and it has issues and Google bot can can only partially load the page. This can and probably is demoting the site in the serps. It has to do with your viewport settings.

You are using 2 different languages on the page. English and I think Traditional Chinese. You should in my opinion create separate pages, one for each language and use hreflang tags to sort it out. I am not bi-lingual when it comes to Chinese. Left me wondering what the Chinese was saying. I had to run it thru SDL Translation. Not a bad job of translating, but still it looked as if a hatchet was taken to the English.

Because of that Google may be giving your site a low quality score and that will affect your rankings. Mixing languages on the same page is not a good idea.

So using hreflang tags properly will help you rank! This way you can use the exact same content on each page, and the languages would make the pages unique. Here I am using cat nanny as an example. Since it appears to be one of your keywords.

maxlove-petsitter.com/貓保母 -- use for cat nanny in Chinese

maxlove-petsitter.com/en/cat-nanny-- use for English since it's the second most used language in HK
  23. Contributing User

Having had a quick scan of the site, you're missing lots of on-site detail that Google and customers would consider makes a trustworthy site, plus the site isn't really mobile friendly, which will harm rankings. There is no address for the business, meaning no proper NAP, no schema.org markup to tell Google about your NAP, so how do you plan to create directory litsings? You also don't seem to have a Bing Business listing for your site?

I'd address those issues on site, before creating any further directory or citation links, get all that right and then update all the directories to be 100% consistent on name, address, phone, URL, email, opening times etc.

After that you can start working on further relevant posts and gaining backlinks.
  25. No Profile Picture

On page SEO is best way Promote business.

Meta title
    Meta description
    Meta Keywords
    Robots.txt
    Sitemap.xml
    Heading tags
    Alt text
    301 Redirection
    404 error page
  27. No Profile Picture

Next after On Page SEO is to do Off Page SEO activites.
  29. No Profile Picture

Hmmm

Seems this thread is becoming the target of useless posts. Closing thread.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling correction