1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What's most important?

Heya...

As you can see, I'm pretty new here... Asked a question in the It's dancing thread, but it's hard to have your voice heard for a poor newbie...

Anyways, I have a question...

What is most important for getting a high ranking on Google?

Getting incoming links?
    Having proper keywords in headers, title and text?
    Avoiding outgoing links?

It's probably a combination of the above, as well as some other stuff, but what counts the MOST?

XQ
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi everyone Im new here!!
    Hi "X Q mano" )I pretty new to SEO two! Go read everything you can find about SEO(read as manny posts as possible). Awlso check this sites; http://www.tomsnewbiebooster.com/articles.html http://spider-food.net/index.html
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

There are a lot of factors which determine your position in Google. I counld't tell you which is the most important.

Maybe quality inbound links? Text links to your site? High PR?

I think though, the most important thing is a spam-free site. You shouldn't try to spam Goolgle with some cheap link farms or repeating keywords...
  7. Contributing User

Thanks...

I'm setting up a site with fairly competitive keywords. And I'm in the process of getting into directories and getting inbound links.

And I'm also working on expanding the site, so that the internal-links will be as many as possible. I'm also trying to limit outgoing links from my site.

As of now, the site is small, but I'm looking forward to continue building it. This looks like a great place to be getting help!
  9. simple-biz.com

Why?

Originally posted by "X Q mano"

I'm also trying to limit outgoing links from my site.
    I wonder if you are trying to be a DEAD END webiste, because if you are the mighty G will not like you. Let people come and go. It's natural as is in Budhism or Thai Chi.

You can still keep the out going links in your site with <a href=somesite.com target =_blank> or even with the dinousor age <frame> tags.

The question on this issue is do you have enough reciprocal links (Ranked more than PR4)

Wishing you good luck,
  11. Contributing User

As of now, I do have two outgoing links... And I'm using the _blank on both... (For practical reasons, not for SEO) Will that help prevent loss of pagerank?

Sub-PR 4 pages will also help won't it? Just that they will probably not show up in the backwardlinks on my googlebar? Am I wrong?
  13. Contributing User

Originally posted by "X Q mano"

As of now, I do have two outgoing links... And I'm using the _blank on both... (For practical reasons, not for SEO) Will that help prevent loss of pagerank?

Sub-PR 4 pages will also help won't it? Just that they will probably not show up in the backwardlinks on my googlebar? Am I wrong?
    What helps the most is good quality CONTENT! 250 words on that opening page. Making the page as user freindly as possible. If you focus on giving the viewer what they wanted, then you will get ranked higher. Validate your code, and use external CSS and external javascripts to keep the code clean. Give the search engines what they are looking for... relevant content, good content, clean code so they don't choke, and gconcentrate on giving the people who visit what they wanted when they searched for your terms.

zen 8)
  15. Contributing User

Thanks...

Yeah, we all have to be reminded of that in our ceaseless SEO efforts...

Content is king!