Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

what is PBN in SEO?

hello all,
    Can anybody tell me what is PBN in SEO?
  3. No Profile Picture

Sure, PBN is one type of blogging which is called Private Blogging Network. It's similar to Web 2.0 Blogs. You can share your article on another website to create link juice for your website & get good backlinks from their website.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

PBN stands for Private Blog Network. It is a network of authoritative websites which is used for link building purposes for ranking higher in Google search page.
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Performance based Navigation, it allows 3D performance for ATC

Comments on this post

• Digital Marketeer agrees : Haha
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I want to emphasise that you should never join a PBN....It's an old link building tactic, and you run the risk of getting penalized if you use this tactic.

https://ahrefs.com/blog/bad-links/
  11. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Digital Marketeer
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I want to emphasise that you should never join a PBN
    Never? What if I have a one-time product with a 9 month shelf life and an outrageous transaction value?

Quite frankly, private blog networks work, some for a long time. Yes, they will all be eventually discovered and devalued but in the short-term they can provide a positive ROI.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  13. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

If they're done correctly maybe. It's not like it takes Google 9 months to determine whether a link is good or bad.

Doing what most people would do when making a PBN (looking for expired domains with high domain authority) and simply making a network would no longer work 9/10 times in my opinion.
  15. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by matt1966
    Doing what most people would do when making a PBN (looking for expired domains with high domain authority) and simply making a network would no longer work 9/10 times in my opinion.
    Sorry, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about
  17. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Sorry, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about
    Would be interested to see examples/case studies if you've got any?
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  19. Moderator

Kp, if you could explain that would be great :-)

Just a reminder of the rules on the forum we moderate below.

"
    Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times
    All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or thequality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily."

I'm here to learn like everybody else - if you've got information on the topic you could share then that would be fantastic.

Comments on this post

• jandesigner01 agrees : ِAgreed
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I used to work for one of the top SEO agencies in the country doing link building. We never touched PBNs, unless we were link building teir 2 or tier 3 sites (sites we rank quick with the expection of getting penalized at some point). Our tier 1 sites (our main branded sites), we treated with kid gloves, and would NEVER use PBNs as part of the link strategy. There was just no point in risking it, especially after 2013.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Maybe this will help put it to rest. Was literally posted 2 days ago.

https://searchengineland.com/flying-...-burned-304233
  25. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by matt1966
    Kp, if you could explain that would be great :-)

Just a reminder of the rules on the forum we moderate below.

"
    Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times
    All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or thequality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily."

I'm here to learn like everybody else - if you've got information on the topic you could share then that would be fantastic.
    Sigh, fine sorry, sorry sorry I miss Fathom lol

I should have said: Sorry, just because you are unaware of PBNs that are killing it doesn't mean they don't exist. Also sorry, I am not going publicly unmask any PBNs here lol so you'll have to educate yourselves
  27. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Digital Marketeer
    We never touched PBNs, unless we were link building teir 2 or tier 3 sites (sites we rank quick with the expection of getting penalized at some point).
    That was exactly my point, thank you
  29. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Never? What if I have a one-time product with a 9 month shelf life and an outrageous transaction value?

Quite frankly, private blog networks work, some for a long time. Yes, they will all be eventually discovered and devalued but in the short-term they can provide a positive ROI.
    That is totally correct and I too will not discuss how in an open forum like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo