1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What is the means of that in Alexa tool. please help

dear friends when i check my website in alexa tool then it show this result , only in this result i have problem. i want to know that in this yahhoo and reddit showing the back link .is it true. but when i show in open site explorer then it do not show these back links .what are these please tell me. my site name enukesoftware (dot) com

What sites link to enukesoftware.com?

Total Sites Linking In
    Site Global Rank Page
    1. yahoo.com 4 in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...
    2. reddit.com 110 reddit.com/r/technology/comments/1iej7...
    3. secureserver.net 155 ip-173-201-142-193.ip.secureserver.net...
    4. hostgator.com 215 listofdomains.org.108-167-179-73.secur...
    5. slideshare.net 124 slideshare.net/enuke
    Subscribe to Alexa Pro to view all 167 sites linking in. View More
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi ziyamarshal,

When you compare the backlinks to a site that different 3rd party data providers show, you will always see discrepancies and differences between them. Each site that offers this information, whether it be Open Site Explorer, MajesticSEO, Ahrefs or Alexa, have different spiders, crawling technologies and server limitations. No spider, not even Google's, can "fully" crawl the web and index every single link that's out there. Just because OSE doesn't display these links doesn't mean they don't exist, nor just because Alexa displays them does it mean that they do exist.

What I'd recommend in this case is that you manually go to these pages (and any page that any 3rd party data provider displays as linking to you) and confirm that the link still exists yourself. If the link is active and pointing to your site, check to see if Google has that page cached. If they do, Google most likely has "seen" the link and followed it to your site.

Now, whether these links have any real "value" is a different question. Yahoo and Reddit are fairly strong domains, but it appears the Yahoo link is no longer active. The Reddit one I can still see pointing to your site, however.

I hope that helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo