1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What is the first step of onpg optimization? -keyword research or title optimization?

I m new in SEO. I have read little about SEO. And I am trying to do a site's SEO. So can any body tell me that what should I do first? keyword Research or title optimization?
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by bikashlinks
    I m new in SEO. I have read little about SEO. And I am trying to do a site's SEO. So can any body tell me that what should I do first? keyword Research or title optimization?
    keyword research

Comments on this post

• fourgee agrees
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

COE syndrome (chicken or egg).

I do'nt think you start off with keywords and then decide to enter into a market.

You already have market capabilities and then you decide to enter into the foray knowing what your market is looking for. In that sense you could just starting writing great content and let the search engines send you traffic and then refine your keywords from there.

SEO s that start work on a site will do some market research, of which KW data is included, to learn about the industry.

In your case, do a bit of research to figure out what to put in your title tags, but that probably won't 'differ much from what you alreaday know assuming you're actually a savvy business person who did their homework before getting into the race.
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by distinctseo
    COE syndrome (chicken or egg).

I do'nt think you start off with keywords and then decide to enter into a market.

You already have market capabilities and then you decide to enter into the foray knowing what your market is looking for. In that sense you could just starting writing great content and let the search engines send you traffic and then refine your keywords from there.

SEO s that start work on a site will do some market research, of which KW data is included, to learn about the industry.

In your case, do a bit of research to figure out what to put in your title tags, but that probably won't 'differ much from what you alreaday know assuming you're actually a savvy business person who did their homework before getting into the race.
    yeah, but the question was: title tags or keyword research
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yup, you can't optimize a title tag if you don't know what you are optimizing it for.
  11. No Profile Picture

Expert SEO

well,

start first your keyword research and chose best keywords of your business and then use them in title and try to make some descriptive title.
    what can improve your ctr rate of search engine result page.

thanks,
  13. No Profile Picture

Following the described method will surely lead up to best effects.
    you should identify prime keywords
    intelligently put the key words at least 2 and at most 3 in the header.
    Then write meta tag having keywords must consider three points proximity, prominence, and occurrence.
    BODY followed by footer and keeping three points as above in mind.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Start off by doing your keyword research. You can use the Google keyword tool.
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by bikashlinks
    I'd say that really depends on what has already been done on the site.

If the site is already ranking decently in some areas, then you go do keyword research and decide on a whole group of new keywords, changing what already exists, you could likely mess things up worse than they are already.

Same goes for titles. Without knowing where the site already is, you could blow everything out of the water simply by changing title tags on the pages that already perform.

My first step would be to dive into the analytics for the site. Find out where it is before trying to figure out where it is going.
  19. No Profile Picture

first you can do a proper keyword research based on your website relevancy and the type of your business.then do title optimization using your keywords.