1. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question What is crawler ingested maximum URL length?

I have found plenty of references on various browser address bar URL maximum lengths but I am wondering what everyone's experiences with maximum URL length is.

I am including various structure and meta-data elements in my URLs for reporting purposes as well as for increasing keyword density, so this information is very useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This question is related to a previous thread, but unfortuately I had the Google Toolbar pop-up blocker enabled and I seem to have broken the other thread during a "Quick Reply" -- apologees to those participants...
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Brien
    I have found plenty of references on various browser address bar URL maximum lengths but I am wondering what everyone's experiences with maximum URL length is.

I am including various structure and meta-data elements in my URLs for reporting purposes as well as for increasing keyword density, so this information is very useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This question is related to a previous thread, but unfortuately I had the Google Toolbar pop-up blocker enabled and I seem to have broken the other thread during a "Quick Reply" -- apologees to those participants...
    Brien,

Did you find an answer to you question. I have been attempting to find the answer for 2 days, and no one seems to know I need to max lenght of the url and the max length of the file used for mod rewrite purposess.
    Can you help...???
  5. No Profile Picture

check here:

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/showthread.php?t=13704

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo