1. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

What am I doing wrong in Fake PR checking?

Hello guys,
    I am stuck with a problem and I see no solution after an hour of research.

gouttreatmentx(dot)info - PR 10

I am sure there is no way this dropped domain would have a PR10.
    Either the latest google PR update has a huge loophole that some people are exploiting and I am not aware of. I cannot prove whether this domain's PR is fake. I tried available tools they report it clear.

I tried a manual info:domain command and it came out clean too. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I doubt it is accurate mate, they probably did a 301 redirect in the header to a site with PR10, something like permanently moved to google.com, or adobe.com, sites with pr10, strange thing about it is it is indexed, normally when you fake these sites you cannot search for them via Google, only by going to the domain name direct.
  5. the mango demon

They keep the PR of the site to which they are redirected, till the next toolbar PR update happens.
    So they need not actually redirect you when you now.
    To check for a fake PR we used to do info:domain command in the google search box. If the exactly same domain is returned its clean else it is fake.
    The command still works for most of the domains. But somehow I am not able to use the same command on this domain I specified.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I did exactly what you did, but you can rest assured it is fake, perhaps a new glitch in the toolbar or they have found another way around it, certainly isn't real though.
  9. the mango demon

I am sure its fake. But I am not God you see. I have to prove my point. I need to a method to prove how it is being faked.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NewDelhiSEO
    I am sure its fake. But I am not God you see. I have to prove my point. I need to a method to prove how it is being faked.
    Why?

If anything it should be reported to Google and taken offline, i don't agree with buying links on high pr sites, but what annoys me more is people engaging in this cloaking practice. In effect ripping people off who are trying to make an honest living spending there hard earned money trying to actually promote there site and earn a living and being ripped off by people like this from knowing no better.

Granted this site is not selling links, but there are plenty out there that do on the back of cloaking sites in order to rip people off. I cannot understand the fascination of wanting to work out how this is done, unless you plan on replicating it.
    Either way i am reporting it to Google.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

ahrefs shows a huge increase in backlinks since Dec 2nd. I would say that PR is pretty useless these days due to the changes Google has made.
  15. the mango demon

Like I mentioned above, I need a way to prove something. I am not debating how useful PR is or how can I increase the PR.
    It is a purely technical challenge. If anyone is aware of any other method to determine the correct PR of a URI or identify a fake PR in a foolproof way please guide me.
  17. No Profile Picture

Hi "NewDelhiSEO" Forget about PR, when i check your site it is like that " This Account Has Been Suspended"
    Is it ok?
  19. the mango demon

Dear Mr Digital Smart,
    Did I say anything anywhere about MY SITE? Why should I forget PR? What has the account being suspended anything to do with getting PR 10 or PR 0?
    May be someone one was duped into buying that fake PR domain and screwed it up. It was originally a fresh wordpress installation with a default post. Anyway I am only responding to this out of courtesy as I asked the question.

I better find another SEO forum. This place is dead now. Where did the experts vanish?
    Last edited by NewDelhiSEO; Jan 14th, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
  21. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What do you need an expert for? you know it's phony pr. if your looking to find out how try the blackhat forum.
  23. No Profile Picture

Did you try a different pagerank tool? I know there's one I've used that reports a PR0 as a PR10. For some reason, it just won't report zero. Man, I just tried every one I had bookmarked and they're all defunct. I guess it costs money to keep those things afloat. Here, this one works: Google PageRank Checker - Check Google page rank instantly. Yeah, that gives me a 10 also. I think that might just mean zero though. Maybe.