Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Is Websites Get Penalized at 1st January?

I just login to my Analytics Account & shocked to see that my websites organic traffic is down from 1300 to 299. I was not relaying on google so traffic was coming from Yahooo & Bing Search engines too. I am just wondering if any update on all search engines or may be something wrong with my website cause of internal issues? Please help me to find the solution.
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Maybe people are not looking for your website on New Years day? How does that traffic compare to last January 1st?
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How many pages are indexed?

What dates did you have 1300, and what dates do you have 299?

Without knowing the nature of the site, it could be to do with Christmas, for example - If you sell candles, or are a marketing forum. (Or if you sell Christmas Trees!) I'm sure traffic will go down due to the nature of people having time off.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Maybe people are not looking for your website on New Years day? How does that traffic compare to last January 1st?
    Yeah you were right, actually we used 2013 in all website pages & forget to update to 2014. It's fact that people are not searching our website because of 2013 meta's.
  9. No Profile Picture

yea it really depends on what you're selling. I would bet that its because your visitors have better things to do on New Years day (like sleeping off a hang over). I'm sure you'll see a big increase again over the next few days.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by samtaylor15
    yea it really depends on what you're selling. I would bet that its because your visitors have better things to do on New Years day (like sleeping off a hang over). I'm sure you'll see a big increase again over the next few days.
    hope so, we are bou to focus 2014 in all major pages meta's.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Snehals
    2014 or 2013 included in meta tags i don't think its affected much
    Well i found the same reason because i didn't get any penalty from Google or Bing. We are getting traffic on other regular keywords but our keywords which include 2013 is vanish now so that's why we lost more than 1000 organic users.
  15. No Profile Picture

Are you tracking your rankings and not just looking at traffic?

If so did your rankings drop?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by jaiserabbas
    Well i found the same reason because i didn't get any penalty from Google or Bing. We are getting traffic on other regular keywords but our keywords which include 2013 is vanish now so that's why we lost more than 1000 organic users.
    And that is why it is not a good idea to include keywords indicating a specific 'time' because of its expiry. You may include these kind of keywords but do not focus much on these. Instead always have a fair number of keywords that you can use and rank for a long time. This will also avoid (you) managing too much by changing the content you already have on your site.
  19. No Profile Picture

Yes ranking drooped for only keywords which include 2013 & other sustain.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Glad to hear the other traffic isn't lost. It is concerning to me that out of 1300 visitors, 1000 were coming from searches with "2013" in them. You should focus on other keywords that aren't as temporal. That isn't to say you should shy away from using "2014" completely. There are certain industries where it is pertinent such as the automobile industry where people search make and model. Consider what your direct competitors are ranking for since a site with 300 visits/month is likely not going to be able to compete with big brands in organic search.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, you must have simply forgotten to update your content according to 2014! People must not have found the time to either visit your site or maybe your site wasn't searched enough during this period.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by truevisiontech
    Third thinks i noticed that there is issued of canonical URL..
    No, we don't find any canonical issues, VineetKumar was right that we forget to update 2014 in meta tags.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Adam.W
    Glad to hear the other traffic isn't lost. It is concerning to me that out of 1300 visitors, 1000 were coming from searches with "2013" in them. You should focus on other keywords that aren't as temporal. That isn't to say you should shy away from using "2014" completely. There are certain industries where it is pertinent such as the automobile industry where people search make and model. Consider what your direct competitors are ranking for since a site with 300 visits/month is likely not going to be able to compete with big brands in organic search.
    Actually it was experiment on website last year and we get huge traffic after adding 2013 in meta's from Bing & Yahoo search engines. May be it won' work for many people but we got good response.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jaiserabbas
    Actually it was experiment on website last year and we get huge traffic after adding 2013 in meta's from Bing & Yahoo search engines. May be it won' work for many people but we got good response.
    I certainly won't argue with those statistics and if it worked last year, I see no fundamental issue with including 2014 this time around. However, I still believe you should focus on other keywords so you have something to fall back on.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: