Thread: Website SEO

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Website SEO

I have a violin teaching website.

I have different pages for my Maplewood location to draw in students from surrounding suburbs (i.e.woodbury violin lessons and cottage grove violin lessons). My credentials and location addresses don't change for a few pages, does this affect SEO? I have other unique content on the different pages. Thank you.
  3. Marketroid
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

The credentials and address on your about us and location page is superior to other websites that list this information. You can just trust the engines to crawl your site and use their bots to update this info.

The main thing, you must keep on keepin' on. Keep getting your questions answered, but more importantly keep thinking outside the box to improve your sites popularity in your neck of the woods.

I do not think your SEO will be effected when other sites do not have updated info about you and your site.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, thanks. How did you see my website when I didn't list it?
  7. No Profile Picture

I do a similar thing with websites I build. From my experience it depends on how popular the keywords are. if you're targeting a specific location I'd assume the keywords won't be in high demand therefore you should be ok.
    op that makes Sense
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, the phrase Woodbury Violin Lessons in MN though is in pretty high demand where I live.
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

How many people do you think search for Woodbury Violin Lessons in MN rather than just Violin Lessons or learning how to play the violin. a lot of people now speak to search with their mobile device. In which the mobile device knows where the user is located.
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Your home page title is terrible, no need to cram all the locations in there and the Near You part.
    WoodburySt.PaulStillwaterOakdaleClassicalViolin&am p;FiddleLessonsNearYou
    you should also use a comma or - between the words. I don't doubt the rest of your pages are in the same shape.
  15. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Go for additional related keyword phrases.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I want to be ranked well for SEO so I crammed a lot of locations in there for my title tag. How else should I do that? I put separate pages under violin lessons for the locations I want to rank for. Seems like SEO changes all the time so I don't have a book to look at for this. Any links I should look at for the most up to date information on SEO? People say I have no clue on SEO but neglect to mention how to fix this.
  19. Professional SEO

I sometimes put ONE location in the title. But I would have separate pages for each location, have that location on the page and most likely in the URL.
  21. Marketroid

Yikes! The title tag is one of the most important meta tags. You need to respect it and use the smallest most relevant title, so it fits in the browser tab (under 18 characters), for friendliness. You can put the address in the description tab.

Use state code, MN Violin Lessons. That is one of the best titles for your site.
  23. Contributing User

Originally Posted by seoman5
    Yikes! The title tag is one of the most important meta tags. You need to respect it and use the smallest most relevant title, so it fits in the browser tab (under 18 characters), for friendliness. You can put the address in the description tab.

Use state code, MN Violin Lessons. That is one of the best titles for your site.
    You don't need to limit it to 18 characters.

The human element of a title tag is how it displays in the SERPs, not on a browser tab.
  25. No Profile Picture

Others have appropriately pointed out that the title tag needs to be changed. No need to cram in those locations to the title tag.

Another option is to simply have a section under the About Us or the FAQs, indicating which areas you serve.

A third option is with your Google Business Profile. Assuming you travel to your clients, you could select the option "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" and then add areas by county, town, city, zip, or radius.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't travel to student's homes as a rule, not worth it. We meet at a mutually convenient location. I do have google business listings.
  29. Marketroid

How about advertising that you are worth an hours commute?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: