1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Is the website sand boxed by google?

Hello

One of my clients recently started a wordpress image website a month back

A few days back when he typed websitename.com on google the website showed in search results

but from yesterday its not showing

I thought at first the website was de indexed by google

but when i typed site:websitename.com .. it showed the pages that have been indexed

i read somewhere that there is one thing called sandbox that applies to new websites on google..

so is it the case here ? or its just very poor ranking ?

and how to get rid of this ?
    Last edited by sash_007; Nov 20th, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

As the sandbox is a myth, its not sandboxed.
  5. Contributing User

There is nothing like Sandbox. And as you said after typing site:domainname the website is still there so it means the website is indexed.
  7. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes, by Matt Cutts own admission, they hold back new domains from ranking for approximately three months. (Hard to believe people keep saying this isn't true when you can watch the video yourself.)

But I build lots of sites with completely new domains and believe it can last even longer than that. I built a new site a year ago and had it live in a couple of weeks. Within days it was on the first page for my keywords, then a week later was pushed back the forth page, in the #31 position. A couple of months later, they allowed keywords to reach the #21 position. Then a couple later, to the #11 position. No doubt in my mind..

Comments on this post

• sash_007 agrees : Thanks..
    • matt1966 agrees : 100%
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your detailed answer .. now i see the site appearing on 10 th page .. before it was 1 ..
  11. No Profile Picture

If the website is showing on Google while you type "Site:telsamedia.com" then your website was not sandboxed by Google. If your website is sandboxed then the website will not show in Google search string.
  13. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    Yes, by Matt Cutts own admission, they hold back new domains from ranking for approximately three months. (Hard to believe people keep saying this isn't true when you can watch the video yourself.)

But I build lots of sites with completely new domains and believe it can last even longer than that. I built a new site a year ago and had it live in a couple of weeks. Within days it was on the first page for my keywords, then a week later was pushed back the forth page, in the #31 position. A couple of months later, they allowed keywords to reach the #21 position. Then a couple later, to the #11 position. No doubt in my mind..
    Respectfully : Are you referring to when Matt said this in 2005?
    In reply to a question from Brett Tabke, Matt said that there wasn't a sandbox, but the algorithm might affect some sites, under some circumstances, in a way that a webmaster would perceive as being sandboxed.
    or is there another one?
  15. the mango demon

I don't remember where I read it, but it was Matt Cutts again. Many years back.
    He did talk about Google offering Beginner Luck to new websites.
    So going by what DirectHits has to say, it fits the description of Beginner's luck.

The concept of Beginner's luck being.
    How can a new website with great content / great offerings beat the tough competition and reach people? How can it be discoverable?
    To which he said, Google gives you a beginner's luck. So you appear much higher up than you actually deserve at that point of time.
    If your offering is that good, organic SEO or real sharing, linking etc would arise from that beginner's luck phase.
    If that does not happen, it means your website did not deserve it and you must go back to step one and start working on making your website more discoverable.

My observation is quite similar to DirectHits'. I too find it hard to rank new websites before 6 Months. I work with small budgets. So it could be the other way too.
    The general competition is now not beatable with small efforts and therefore needs more time.
    Last edited by NewDelhiSEO; Nov 22nd, 2017 at 02:08 PM.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  17. Professional SEO

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Respectfully : Are you referring to when Matt said this in 2005? or is there another one?
    Was it really that long ago, lol? I found the video just before his sabbatical.
  19. Professional SEO

Interesting ND SEO, not heard about beginners luck. I just know I've had a lot of sites, in less competitive markets get first page results and stay there. In the one case mentioned, my rankings seemed throttled. To be given an extra page increase every couple of months? I would have SERPS right at 31, 21, 11, as the time expired.
  21. the mango demon

I tried to find the source of that QA, but alas it not on Google either.
    Whatever that be, I don't believe in that Beginner's thingy either. Because most of the time the client is just another competitor in the market and has nothing special.
    We have to brainstorm with them to make their sites worth ranking. So, Beginners Luck be damned, Hard Worker's Luck still exists. Though it may take some time.
  23. No Profile Picture

Yes, this is not showing because of very poor ranking while searching by key word.
    But it will not be a problem site:websitename.com to show the site.