1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Website Not Ranking in Google

My website block-calls.com was ranking on top on google for sometime. i redesigned the website and since then, for last 2 months, in spite of doing all the seo activities(PR bookmarks etc.) my website is not coming up at all in google sometimes even for my products. Can anyone check and precisely tell what is wrong?

Thanks
  3. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I have a few thoughts. I see your old site, and you've got two copies of it - dastalk.com and dastalk.ca. It looks like you are aware of this though as you've got the canonical tag on dastalk.ca pointing to block-calls.com. However, the canonical of the dastalk.com site points to the .ca site rather than the block-calls.com site. That may be confusing Google.

It might be a better idea to use 301 redirects to redirect the old pages to the new rather than having all 3 in existence.

I'd suggest taking a look at this page in which Google gives instructions on how best to move a site to a new one: Moving your site - Webmaster Tools Help

But..there could be other issues. What did you used to rank for? Call Blocker? The old sites have no links at all so I'm not sure how they could have ranked. With that being said, perhaps the sites that I found weren't your only old copies of the site. So if you have other copies then that could be your issue.

Backlinks are the main reason for a site to rank. The quality is important. When I look at the backlinks I see directory links, article spam (such as this) and forum spam. These kind of links aren't going to rank a site well and could get a site penalized. If you did your relaunch 2 months ago you likely haven't been affected by Penguin though as the last refresh was October 5.

I wouldn't go slashing links. I would go after the duplication and 301 issues first. Also keep in mind that I'm only saying this after taking a quick look at your site...there could be other issues.

Comments on this post

• SoupyRik agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

YES ofcorse friends If we not working on google caching websites then google not update our daily work and ranking goes downn..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Try to check out why your website ranking going down. Is it traffic issue or something else. If it is traffic issue then you have to work on content and try to genrate quality back links on high PR websites.
  9. No Profile Picture

SEO expert will help you for increasing your page ranking. You can hire the best SEO expert for your business.