1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

we have not added canonical to our blog and it's copied by competitor what to do?

One of our trending blog has been copied as it is by our competitor and we have not added canonical tag to that blog

But he included canonical tag to his blog so what is the best solution here.Should we also include canonical tag to our blog or just mail him to drop his blog.

Please help.

Comments on this post

• ellanicholls agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Try to take help DMCA protection as you were saying your blog is generating good traffic to your site try to create a free account on DMCA and use mail the website owner to take down their content.
  5. No Profile Picture

Send a properly formatted DMCA complaint to their hosting company. Per RFC 2142, web hosting companies are required to operate the abuse@ email address and are required to be responsive to credible complaints sent to that address. To make your complaint credible, you must send a properly formatted DMCA complaint (not just "hey, someone is being mean to me! make 'em stop! make 'em stoooop.") Their host most likely responds to DMCAs even if they are not legally covered by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Pick your favorite:
  7. No Profile Picture

9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

France, Saint-Etienne
    Going for DMCA complaint is not a bad idea but I guess this will be time consuming, but adding canonical tags to your pages is a good pratice whatever the situation.
    Owner of Bennetonable "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    AdWords certified (Search, Display, Video, Mobile, Shopping) - Analytics qualified