1. No Profile Picture

Visits affect Google Ranking

Hi all,

Just would like to know if I start receiving more visits for my web hosting site than usual to my website will this affect my google ranking and should I see it increase?

And if so how does google actually track this as I would think it be my web hosting server that would only have this stats.

Thanks
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

This is a hot potatoe!

I claim "yes" but there are many that don't agree. However my "yes" has conditions:
    - where are the visitors coming from: there are many black hat pieces of software out there that can create traffic for you but they are no more than robots opening your page or poorly paid people who are hired to visit pages as part of these programmes. Google can recognise the wierd user behaviour from this type of activity so it won't help.
    - if the visitors are coming via Google (and you'll know that from Google Webmaster Tools) then Google can measure the click through rate from the SERPs and the bounce rate along with how long visitors stay before they bounce.
    - if the visitors are coming via direct requests (say they saw your ad in a newspaper) then inevitably some will have the Google toolbar installed, be using Chrome with the 'tell Google everything' switch on or be logged into their Google account so they can access their gmail. Google can collect all this data.

For best practice get Google Analytics installed on your site and that give Google even more to go on.

I'm sure there will be some who will now disagree with me but if you are Google and you have the data - wouldn't you use it?
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yeah, visitor affects google ranking.. If you have more visitors on your site than you definitely got high google ranking..