1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is Visitor of a website Important on search engine?

hi all
    I have 2 question
    1) I have 2 websites that have same niches and their activities are the same, DA of one of them is 40 and the other one is 1 as respects that i don't have enough time to manage both of them and I want to redirect DA=40 to DA=1 (because of DA=40 has bad domain name)
    tell me your opinions
    plus this performance has risk for me because the website that has DA=40 has good position on search engine..........

2) Imagine there are 2 websites,
    website number one : DA of this website is 50 it has good alexa ranking (I mean it has good visitors)
    website number two : DA of this website is 60 but alexa ranking is not good and its medium

now I want to know which one is better to try my best and build my link there(website number one or number two?) I mean visitor of a website is important for search engines or only DA is important for them to give DA to your website authority
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Re-direct to the money site......

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  5. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by elegantuniverse
    plus this performance has risk for me because the website that has DA=40 has good position on search engine
    Is it just the domain name that is motivating this desire to redirect one into the other? Any other reasons?

now I want to know which one is better to try my best and build my link there(website number one or number two?)
    DA is not a great metric. It might be useful as an estimate - if you understand exactly how DA works - but I still don't understand why so many people stake their bread and butter on it...or why everyone talks about it like it's the end of the world...There are so many misconceptions about it.

Moz themselves have said that you should not use DA as a linkbuilding metric. It's a measurement of how likely a website is to rank well for certain queries. It's a loose estimate, not a precise measurement. If the site is relevant and ranks well for stuff you want to rank well, earning (EARNING not BUILDING) links from them could be helpful yes.

Here's a link: https://moz.com/blog/how-long-does-l...uence-rankings

In the comments, someone says:

I think you're making some dangerous conclusions in the section about DA. Specifically, equating "low DA" to "low quality". DA is simply a quantitative metric that does not account for quality in any way. A low DA site may be of superb quality, but simply new, or lesser linked.
    That's a great reason why DA could be good for making general estimates, but not good to make groundbreaking decisions on. It's not the be all end all.

Next, take a look at Moz's own definition of DA: https://moz.com/learn/seo/domain-authority

It's best to use Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA) as comparative metrics when doing research in the search results and determining which sites/pages may have more powerful/important link profiles than others. While specific metrics like MozRank can answer questions of raw link popularity—and link counts can show the raw quantities of pages/sites linking—the authority numbers are high-level metrics that attempt to answer the question, "How strong are this page's links in terms of helping them rank for queries in Google.com?"
    Alexa ranking is also not a good metric to use here. It measures how many people with the Alexa toolbar visit the site. How many people who don't have the Alexa toolbar visit the site? Who knows. The traffic could be very different than what Alexa represents. The visitors with the Alexa toolbar could all be bots - in which case the traffic is totally useless. I don't even see a point to using Alexa anymore these days - this one has no redeeming qualities to me. Traffic has qualities that Alexa has no way at all of measuring. No way at all.

mean visitor of a website is important for search engines or only DA is important for them to give DA to your website authority
    DA means nothing to Google. They don't look at it. They don't use it. Alexa is the same way.

Is traffic important? Yes, probably. Is how well a site ranks for certain queries important? Yes. There are so many factors to ranking that I don't think you can really pick one here. A site that ranks better might give a great link - a site that gets a TON of good, targeted traffic might give a great link too. Or the link from a high-traffic site could be more valuable in other ways - if that traffic is well targeted, you could get more conversions from such a site. You can't break this down into black-and-white, as tempting as that may be.

I feel like you've probably heard a lot of this before and it's probably also not the answer you're looking for. Perhaps other users will chime in with their thoughts, too.