1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Visitor engagement as important factor in SEO

Hello,

Based off of newsite.proviolin.com, still making changes to the site, what order of menus do you think would give visitors of my website the most engagement? I am curious about that since I don't have the eye for that sort of thing. I want to know about this since I have read that google rewards sites SEO wise where visitors stay on them awhile as opposed where people go onto sites and leave quickly. Thank you.
  3. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

IMO, forget about the order of menus, you site takes forever to load. The only reason I didn't leave is because I wanted to see it. You might want to look into this: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/newsite...n.com/HtukyOKe
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, I know it takes forever to load and I will disable WP Bakery Builder once I'm done working on the site. Once I disable that, my page speed score is brought up to 86% or so. Anyway, back to my original question, Based off of newsite.proviolin.com, still making changes to the site, what order of menus do you think would give visitors of my website the most engagement? I am curious about that since I don't have the eye for that sort of thing. I want to know about this since I have read that google rewards sites SEO wise where visitors stay on them awhile as opposed where people go onto sites and leave quickly. Thank you.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have a CDN on my main site which will be enabled when I'm done working on newsite.proviolin.com and change the newsite to just proviolin.com.
  9. Just a Photographer

Percent doesn't really matter. Speed does.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Anyway, back to my original question, Based off of newsite.proviolin.com, still making changes to the site, what order of menus do you think would give visitors of my website the most engagement? I am curious about that since I don't have the eye for that sort of thing. I want to know about this since I have read that google rewards sites SEO wise where visitors stay on them awhile as opposed where people go onto sites and leave quickly. Thank you.
    P.S. I will take care of speed later.
  13. Just a Photographer

I don't think it's going to matter, SEO-wise, what order your menu is. I personally list the most important first, but that's me.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hmm, I'll have to ask someone about this. I don't like making decisions of this kind. Oh yeah and as far as the speed thing, there are plugins I can turn off in wordpress which I know will help speed when I'm done working on it
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Possibly...is the answer.

Nobody can really say for sure but there's plenty of evidence to suggest it is.

But regardless of whether it's a ranking factor or not you should be trying to improve it anyway; so it doesn't really matter.