1. No Profile Picture

Using Anchor Text In 2013

Hi there new to the forum this is my first post. I am trying to get more information about proper SEO methods after the Penguin 2.0 update, specifically how it relates to anchor text. My SEO ranking dropped a little in Google from page 1 to page 2 after the update and I was guilty of using the same anchor text a lot which helped me plenty then but has set me back now.

Other than mixing up my anchor text better in the future (for my desired keywords) I'm looking to get advice from people on how much anchor text still matters in 2013? Can Google pick up content better now on my website, blog, social media sites ect. even if it is just plain text with no actual links of any kind?

Also since a lot of my backlinks had the same anchor text (although they mostly come from credible sources with good PR rankings) should I be looking to remove any of these links or just continue to produce good content to help boost my ranking in the future.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for anyone who can offer their opinion...
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I was guilty of using the same anchor text a lot which helped me plenty then but has set me back now.
    That made your profile look unnatural, stick with natural links, that's what google's looking for. Meaning any natural link isn't going to be your money words.