Well after a chat on skype with Chedders we started sharing the tools that we use and thought it would probably be beneficial to have a list here, please do share your own here:
- Appspector: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jjekpignblkeae
A great tool to see what a website is built with and what technology it has.
- Canonical: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...obibjbdobjbhbo
Great tool for checking the canonical urls (only on pages that are different to the canonicals)
- Redirect Path: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ggjokdkkebmdll
Really useful to see if there are any forms of redirects.
- META SEO Inspector: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bmohobjkcfkaef
Overall SEO inspector
- Page load time: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pmkogoaohcdbig
Useful to see your page load time.
- Screaming Frog: Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool & Crawler Software | Screaming Frog
One of the most popular tools for crawling websites to see if there are any issues.
- BuiltWith: BuiltWith Technology Lookup
Useful tool to see what software a company is using, great for when you're investigating a potential new client.
- BrightEdge: http://www.brightedge.com/
Analytics tool, looks to be a high end high cost software.
- Text-Only Mode: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog
A neat little plugin to quickly turn off/on graphics on a page. Really useful to remove the clutter and see the meat of the site
- Page Explorer: Page Explorer, to check onsite SEO tags and elements
Chedders runs this tool, useful to see elements of the pages (such as Title/h1/h2/time to get page/images etc) any feature requests and bugs please do message him.
Useful to see the core of the page, great for seeing things that you may miss otherwise.
I shall be posting more over time and adding the suggestions from others. Note to any mods, please do feel free to add to this post.
Thank you to the following users for contributing:
Chedders Pachalegroschat romanUK davidfox Test-ok ryandiscord litonkrl