Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Well...

SEMRush, Screaming Frog, SimilarWeb, and SERPstat were all mentioned in earlier posts. But actually, it looks like no one mentioned Ahrefs before. So thank you for that one!

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread:

Note to new users thinking of posting here - posts that repeat tools that have already been mentioned will be edited or deleted. Feel free to talk about a tool that has already been mentioned though - as long as you add some kind of meaningful commentary to your post and it's not just "i like <repeated tool name>". That probably sounds harsh, but historically threads talking about tools tend to attract post spammers who like to repeat information to build their post count.
    So this isn't directed exclusively at you. It's mostly directed at new users who want to post in this thread in the future. Discussion is awesome, new tools are awesome, but my fear is that without some rules this thread could devolve into new users making posts repeating the same tools over and over again...which would be very boring!

Comments on this post

• Honey_Bunny agrees
    • DeterminedSol agrees
    • T.James agrees : Thumbs up to keeping the thread clean!
    • nikkelly agrees : Thanks for sharing !!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I used to use Screming Frog and SEO power Suite. SEO power suite is just awesome. Other useful tools/extension is
    SERP Trends - used to show the numbers in Search result
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Bit of an arbitrary one, but the Heatmap.me plugin for Wordpress. It's free (5 pages) and I love using heatmaps for conversion analysis.

heatmap.me/

Good for improving CTA's etc.
  7. No Profile Picture

Page load time: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pmkogoaohcdbig
    Useful to see your page load time.

Hi thomas, i have installed the Page load time inmy chrome extension, one project is showing the load time of 3.89 and second website of 0.96. Is there any guidelines from the Google about the load time or my both website is OK. What is the maximum page load time according the SEO, website should have?
  9. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello deepika31,

This thread is really more for sharing tools than asking SEO questions, but yours is a quick one I think

Page Speed Insights is one way to check the speed of your site and how Google believes you can improve: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

I have heard varying standards by which people measure an acceptable load time. 1 to 2 seconds is sometimes cited as the absolute maximum. But I do not believe Google has ever explicitly given a maximum for the load speed of a page. 1 - 2 seconds is just kind of what most people agree on.

If you have more questions about page speed, I recommend searching our archives: Advanced Search - SEO Chat Forums

We've had some good discussions about it in the past. You can also post your own thread in the New User Q&A section of our forums if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I didn't see this tool in the threads, so hopefully it's helpful. I've been using the Google Structured Data Testing tool. I'm still learning the importance of schema and how it works on websites and I've found this tool to be good at showing me what is already in place, and what might be missing that I need to add.
  13. UK Based SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Some fairly decent tools mentioned but many of the ones i use are missing

Ive compiled a decent list of tools that i use, some may have been mentioned already so apologies for that but i want to put together a decent list of tools that are worth having a look at.

Keyword Research/Competitor Analysis tools ( there are tons but i stick with just a couple )

The two tools i mention are multipurpose tools, can be used for site audits, rank tracking and many other things

Serpstat
    SEM Rush

Backlink Analysis

Ahrefs
    Link Research Tools

Link Building/Outreach Tools

Buzzstream
    Authority Spy
    Content Marketer
    Group High
    Guest Post Tracker
    InkyBee
    Ninja Outreach
    Outreachr
    Pitchbox

General Tool Everyone should have

Scrapebox, if you dont have this then you really should have it.

RankTracking Tools

Pro Rank Tracker
    SERPstat
    SEM Rush
    Rank Ranger

As someone who regularly tries and tests tools, the above will give you all you really need to do some decent SEO.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Nice, thanks!
    • EmilyFed agrees
    "Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong."
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page: