1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Tying to get out of penalty

Hey guys,

I am trying to get a pretty old site out of penalty and am pretty much stuck, so i thought maybe someone here can help out.
    The problem is that the site has a few millions of backlinks from all sort of crappy sites google doesn't approve, and right now we need to disavow them, the only question is: how?
    We are speaking of literally millions, so manually is out of the question and i would like to ask if someone knows a tool that can help me out, or has an idea about what can be done there.

Thanks a lot!
  3. No Profile Picture

Is this a forum or a site that allows comments? Is this how all the links appeared. If so find the entries in your Database and remove them.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

What was the penalty message? Some are easier than others to get out of and some really aren't worth the trouble.

Is the domain a really good one? Sometimes it is better to just shut it down and start again by putting text on the page saying Site moved to URL (DO NOT link the URL, let the users type it in or copy and paste)

You can use a tool like majestic to export the backlinks although it may not see them all. Sort them by quality and copy the ones which don't seem any good in bulk. The actual disavow tool is rather easy to use, just upload a list of the urls.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

What exact penalty/message is it?

Can you copy/paste or better, post a screen shot? Without seeing the message it's impossible to tell. Some messages require no efforts besides a change in future SEO link building.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If it's a penguin issue and with what you've said so far. Get a new clean domain, move your existing site to it, and make the old site go to a custom 404. Then get what good links you can changed to your new domain. And you have taken penguin out of the equation.
  11. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    If it's a penguin issue and with what you've said so far. Get a new clean domain, move your existing site to it, and make the old site go to a custom 404. Then get what good links you can changed to your new domain. And you have taken penguin out of the equation.
    Could be a chance it was a penalty that discredited inbound (some) links, which in most cases, does not require much action besides changing link practices. IMHO*
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I concur, with the limited information givin were all just guessin, which is why the keyword 'if' is used.
    Questions like these are difficult to answer in a forum type platform like this.