Thread: Twitter Results

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Twitter Results

Is anyone seeing any positive results from twitter in terms of SEO? I noticed my new twitter account has been indexed in google,but beyond this i am not sure it will bring much results.

It definitely helps to drive instant traffic to my forum,but all of the registrants on the forum were spammers.

Let me know what you think.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Don't expect results from twitter until you have kickass content. If you have that you can autotweet your RSS and that might bring some traffic.

If you are not producing a continuous stream of great content then don't expect much back from twitter.

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 agrees : Just like blogging.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. Contributing User

Instant traffic! Try to get good followers and post valuable tweets. I did see some links through yahoo from explore.twitter.com; I don't think this is a big deal though. Then each tweet is it's own page, and I think you can get those to rank by throwing a couple links at those pages.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

twitter provide instant traffic but yo need regular twit for that.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I post links to the seo articles on my site but we don't get a ton of traffic. However, it only takes a couple min to make a twitter post so i don't really consider it a waste of time.
    Follow me on Twitter for SEO tips @NickLeRoy
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by baranbuffet
    Twitter is the most powerful tools to get the high relevant traffic..
    Hmmm...yes but you need a lot of work to be done! It's not just something that happend.
  13. Wearing Many Hats
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I've been playing with Twitter for a month now. I don't think it has any effect on Google or the others. But I am noticing, even with very few followers so far that when I post, I get an immediate little blast of traffic.

I have 200 followers and usually get around 20 unique visitors per URL post. This is near to nothing, but If you had 20,000 equally good followers, that would work out to around 2000 unique visitors, right? Who knows if this will happen and if the time it takes to get that many followers is worth it. I'm gonna keep playing with it moderately for 6 months to see the rate at which my following increases, then reassess.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by THE BERG
    I have 200 followers and usually get around 20 unique visitors per URL post. This is near to nothing.....
    Well that all depends on the quality of those visits, now doesn't it? What kind of conversion do you get from Twitter?

I'm just asking solely as an outsider. I don't "Tweet"
  17. MangiaMarketing.com
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I've been rocking Twitter for a month or two now - I'm over 500 followers, and while they're only converting at about 2.65%, I feel that there are untold benefits in the form of brand exposure, customer service, and crafting our image. This may only make sense for very well known companies (within a niche) like the one I work for. I don't think you could justify tweeting with those same benefits as an affiliate marketer or a person running a relatively unknown e-commerce site (unless you are getting much better conversion rates than me).
    Last edited by Aignam; Jul 23rd, 2009 at 04:13 PM.
    My NYC SEO Firm: http://www.mangiamarketing.com
  19. MangiaMarketing.com
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thought I should expand on my above post to give people an example of how I take advantage of Twitter.

A few tips on how I've been able to use Twitter effectively, given my employment at a well-known ritzy skin care company:
    • Customer service - answering customers questions and addressing their concerns
    • Skin care advice - my followers regularly ask questions, and I have our professional beauty consultants respond back with personalized skin care advice
    • Tweeting new blog posts for increased exposure
    • Social Media Exclusive Content - EGOL, I feel that you sort of marginalized Twitter into a blog post announcement service. While this could be true from purely an SEO standpoint, I think it has much broader, and more useful, marketing implications. I put out a Skin Care Tip of the Day on Twitter and Facebook to foster community involvement with our company - on Twitter the tip always gets Retweeted by a bunch of people, which exposes my brand to THEIR entire network as well as mine. On Facebook, people regularly "like" the tips and discussion forms around them, which means people are on our Facebook page more and we have more opportunities to reach out to them.
    • Social Media Exclusive Deals - certain promotions can only be heard about through our Facebook and Twitter accounts
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Aignam
    [*]Social Media Exclusive Deals - certain promotions can only be heard about through our Facebook and Twitter accounts[/list]
    I like this idea and even implement it myself. To grab a good following, I try to set twitter contests so that it gives me a chance to interact with readers. It's only exclusive to twitter, so I never bother posting it on the blog, website, or other media outlets. If people want to be aware, they have to follow us on twitter and be active.