1. No Profile Picture

Transferring Website to Wordpress, will it effect my SEO?

I have a portfolio website written in HTML (php) and I would like to replace it with WordPress CMS. The idea is to remove everything from the root, do a fresh install of WordPress, then do my best to copy all the articles, images and information onto the new WordPress theme mimicking the existing structure. I would just like to find out how much this will effect my SEO (in the long term). I expect I would drop ranking for a while but is it likely Google will accept the big update and understand that the content is the same? The reason I am moving to WordPress is because I have handful of new sites using WordPress which have saved me loads of time avoiding hand coding, I feel that I can update more regularly if I switch my old site to WordPress too. I only have one or two articles which are pulling in traffic at the moment and those are the main pieces of content I hope to preserve in regards to SEO.
  3. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Congratulations,
    For making a move to save time and resources and taking on adventure. I assure you, there will be benefits from switching to a CMS from a manual coding and updating system.
    Use the plugins as you need them.

Here are certain things you need to remember when changing the website.
    1) The URLs should remain same. If the URLs were .html /.php before and you want to use wordpress flat urls then you must have a 301 redirect from all the old pages to the new pages.
    2) Now that you have a CMS there will be a little more site wide content on your website compared to your hand coded website. Manage that well.
    3) Yes, there might be an initial drop in rankings and traffic. But if your UX on the wordpress theme is better the bounce rate will improve and you will soon be seeing higher rankings and better traffic.
    4) Remember that wordpress sites are more prone to hacking than your closed hand coded website. So use firewalls and log in lock downs and antivirus to protect the wordpress installations.
    5)Lastly, wordpress creates way too many extra pages in form of tags / categories / archives, which are mostly duplicated content. Manage them well. If not required noindex those pages.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.