Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Traffic to my website?

I do apologize if the this has been asked a million times. I did search topic and not find much.

I assume that traffic is an important thing when search engines evaluate a site. Not sure what percentage of the "whole picture" it is but if is important, how does one get traffic to a site when its not a real popular site?

Can someone tell me if it is important, and how one gets the traffic if it is important.

Thanks so much in advance

Dabugman
    <snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: removed "fake sig" (against the rules)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

generation of quality traffics is more important, i think getting quality backlinks and creation of content and submit it to different social bookmarking sites can increase and help you to generate traffics.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Try to get a Twitter account and get quality followers. What I mean by quality is that those followers must be interested on your site or main topic of your site. If not, you will only be getting useless traffic.
  7. Contributing User

Yeah thanks for the comments. My company is a pest control company. I have a twitter, myspace,and facebook account and soon a youtube account, all under my company name. I am having a real hard time generating any interest in those sites for traffic, because after all who wants to hang out on those sites related to pest control. lol

I am brainstorming though and looking for creative ideas. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the comments

DaBugMan
    <snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: removed "fake sig" (against the rules)
  9. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Another way to get traffic is to frequent forums related to you industry and begin posting there. Ask Yahoo is another great place to frequent. Show that you are an expert about the industry and build some trust. Make sure you add a link in your signature. We see quite a bit of traffic from the forums we frequent just by being involved and answering questions and giving opinions. Building trust will often lead to word-of-mouth advertising for us. *Note*This will have little to no effect effect SEO wise but does have potential to bring traffic.

You need to make your site a place people want to come to get the latest pest control information. Either hire someone or do it yourself (recommended as its more cost effective) and create top notch information about your new form of pest control as well as other household tips that can help prevent bugs, animals, etc. You need to invite people to your site. People do not always want to be sold. Sometimes they are just looking for information. By providing solid information, they will see you as a trusted source and hopefully ask for you to take care of theirs pests.

I have a few pests I need taken care of here in NY. You have any remedies for human pests?

Comments on this post

• dabugman agrees : Took the time to put the answer together. Thanx
  11. Contributing User

Now there is some solid advice. Just what I was looking for! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

As far as pest people go:

If its a woman - Tell her you just lost all of your money and she will dissapear in no time.

If its a guy - Tell them the football game is over and the beer ran out.

You will get rid of them very quickly and naturally, no pesticides.

We at New Era Pest Control Aim To Please!

DaBugMan
    <snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: removed "fake sig" (against the rules)
  13. No Profile Picture

These steps can help to generate the traffic -
    book marking
    Link-building
    Article writing and publishing
    Directory submission
    Starting blogs and marketing them
    Creating and submitting classifieds.
  15. No Profile Picture

Hi

Well the best bet to get traffic is by actively participation on

1. social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter etc.
    2. Blog posting
    3. Forum participation
    4. Social bookmarking sites (Digg, Reddit etc.)

You can find wonderful article on Business promotion on Social sites on
    redalkemi site under article section (social media optimization section). I was looking for the answer on the same few days back, and thats when I stumbled on it. Take my words for it.....they got pretty good collection.

I hope my reply was of help.
  17. Contributing User

Thank you so much. I will check it out!

Have a great day!
  19. Dancin with the devil

How are you making out bugman? Have you put a plan of attack together yet to deliver more traffic to your site? I know its only been a couple of weeks but wanted to see where you were at with this....
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  21. Contributing User

Im working my %$# off at this but there is so much to do. So much to know, so much to screw up. lol

Im ranking fairly high in certain keywords, but trying to compete with the real big boys, orkin, truly nolen, terminex, makes life miserable. Too much content to compete with. I am currently working on quality backlinks. Im simply researching their backlinks and trying to post to them. PROBLEM IS BUDGET IS 0 AND THE NEED FOR WORK IS 1000000000000000. LOL

I need to also rank in more keywords but don't want to stuff my main page with all of them. Have to consider additional pages or some doorway project from micro sites? I see the competition does that well. I need blogging, social networking, forums, and more. I have made an attempt at all of these but no real time to focus as much as I would like on all of them.

I would really like to get myself on the top of google local ads and maybe just pay monthly to stay up there if there. I have optimized my site the best I know how to get the best placement but no movement in my tracking. I'm just wondering if my site is too new! I have no ranking yet either. I am getting some calls from it but not like I would like.

I know its a process, and I will do what it takes, because I see the benefits and what it can do for my business. Just wish I had the money to give someone and say "Here you do it". Not at that stage as of yet, so I will continue to learn and burn (the midnight oil).

Have a good one
  23. Dancin with the devil

Excellent. At least you are moving forward. Lots of people have trouble getting past the amount of work it takes to be successful. So you are ahead of the game as far as I see it as you understand this and willing to work hard to get past it. No doubt there is a lot of work to be done and a lot of knowledge to be gained.

You mentioned paying for local listings. Not quite sure what you mean but all 3 major search engines have local listings which are free to create and manage. One of the main ways to get top ranking is by claiming your business and also receiving positive reviews.

You certainly have your work cut out for you competing against the big boys. You may be better suited to stick to a local assault for the time being until you get some funds and help to conquer the big boys on a higher level. Creating additional pages (targeting locally) will probably help you gain some ground locally. Microsites are another option but something you need to consider is that they'll need the same optimization as your main site. If you are 1 person doing all the seo, fielding calls and getting rid of bugs, thats going to add quite a bit to your already heavy workload. Just some food for thought.

Thanks for the response. You always see people seeking answers and rarely posting back later on with their progress (unless they are not making any). I personally like to hear follow ups to see what people focused on and what worked or didnt. Keep up the good work and best continued luck.
  25. Contributing User

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate you taking the time.

What I meant by paying for top positions in local ads is that (and I know this may be bull$%#@) but I have some people telling me they will get me placed at the top of google local ads and I pay nothing until I am there. This seemed worth spending the money for, however everyone has an angle and I have to be careful that they are not doing something unscrupulous and get my site banned from the search engines.

I have all of my local ads made up in the major search engines, and all have reviews. I have also done what I can to optimize my pages with local address, phone numbers, etc. on all of them and done what information that those search engine might look for to rank my pages. I come up in the top under "Natural Pest Control Miami" but no placement in "Pest Control Miami", "Miami exterminator, etc. Not sure why. But time will tell

Any thoughts would be appreciated
  27. Dancin with the devil

I am sure that the local stuff you can do yourself without paying for. You need to find that angle that will stimulate customers to post on there. People love to speak and share their opinions. These review type sites give them that opportunity so now they have some space on the internet.

Fathom is running a test currently and I believe it deals with a business location in relation to the city center. Some speculation indicates that a city center may be considered where the post office or town hall is located. Hopefully fathom will roll out some great insight into this.

One thing that has certainly worked for us is positive reviews. About a month or two ago, we changed our local listing title and created a new listing. The existing listing which had no information really other than the basics was ranking high for many terms. After we launched the new listing, nada. We were no where to be found (page 4 or 5). The new listing also had 85% of the information completed (missing a video and something else which we are working on) while the old listing had not even 25% completed. We recently received 1 or 2 5 star ratings for our Google listing and we shot up to #1 for many different keywords. Hopefully, this delivers more traffic and better conversions. It has already helped out in our store as many people have referenced the site and listings.

Try using the terms you are looking to rank for in your descriptions. Be specific with brands that you use or information people may look up when using a search engine. Much of the local optimization is the same as regular optimization. Use Google's local data to see where you can expand your reach and growth.

I'm sure you have already but definitely follow the new Local Listings forum here. Some other places I gawk at once in a while are:
    http://www.localseoguide.com/ Lots of good info
    http://www.screenwerk.com/ just started reading it
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey, there, I will suggest u to try online forums and online communities.

The great thing about forums and online communities is that you can target a certain group that fits the certain demographic that you are looking for. You can discuss about lots of things about the niche that you represent or offer.

Another great advantage is that you know what you are getting into and you will be prepared.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: