1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Traffic Died - Help

So I added a client to Yext directories. The problem is that this client wants to be an online business, and not a brick and mortar store.
    So I suspect the reason they dropped in traffic is that their physical address is not listed on their website as it is in their directories.
    But they want to sell nation-wide, which is a tall order, to rank nation-wide for their products.
    So I am going to propose to them that we go back to adding brick and mortar locations to the website, and mirror that address in the directories.

Then, and here is my actual question to you: can I then add pages to the site for their parent company in another city, and mirror that address in their directories too?

In other words:

1. Add physical address to /contact page, and add this location to Yext directories
    2. Add 2nd physical address to /contact-2 page, and add this location to another existing Yext account with that same address, provided that all involved parties agree.

???

Thanks in advance!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by jacktheslipper
    1. Add physical address to /contact page, and add this location to Yext directories
    2. Add 2nd physical address to /contact-2 page, and add this location to another existing Yext account with that same address, provided that all involved parties agree.

???

Thanks in advance!
    Here is a good read on your subject.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...cations/96929/

Comments on this post

• DirectHits agrees
    • KernelPanic agrees
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Tread carefully here. targeting towns / cities is against google guidlines. (link below)

Its something I used to do wholesale, I targeted every city / town / hamlet in the UK, 28,000 in all. We was very successful with it and was on page 1 for most keyword + town. I just created dynamic pages for each town, filled the page with relevant content, reviews from from users from that town, even the weather. Each page showed a road sign saying Welcome to town etc. and many of the larger towns I displayed history and anything unique about the place just so every page was unique. I showed distance to other nearby towns so the whole text of each page and graphics was totally unique.

I knew hand on heart it was a spammy tactic but it gained us a lot of new customers. My nerve went and I took down the pages before google imposed any kind of penalty but I was pretty confident it was only a matter of time. I just know if your successful with extending his customer base to a new town then he will want more and you will end up doing what I did. Just make sure he understands the risk.

https://support.google.com/webmaster.../2721311?hl=en
    Doorway pages

Doorways are sites or pages created to rank highly for specific search queries. They are bad for users because they can lead to multiple similar pages in user search results, where each result ends up taking the user to essentially the same destination. They can also lead users to intermediate pages that are not as useful as the final destination.
    Here are some examples of doorways:

• Having multiple domain names or pages targeted at specific regions or cities that funnel users to one page
    • Pages generated to funnel visitors into the actual usable or relevant portion of your site(s)
    • Substantially similar pages that are closer to search results than a clearly defined, browseable hierarchy

Comments on this post

• mainstwebguy agrees : I used to do the same for years!
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog