1. No Profile Picture
    Houston SEO Guru
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

The topseos.com scam. STAY AWAY

I need to vent- topseos.com is a SCAM. In order to even be on their so-called list of TOP seo firms you must pay- and pay BIG. I sent an email today and one of the owners of the company said that it would cost $1,000 per month to even be 'considered' and ranked on ONE list. So it would cost an additional 1k for every list you want to be on- and that's PER MONTH. What a joke and what a scam! Nobody in their right mind should buy into this and consumers need to beware as SEO firms are simply buying their way to the top.

I can understand a reasonable one-time fee so that they can research your company to rank it. But to ask for 1k per month is extortion!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Read the disclosure page:
    http://www.topseos.com/disclosure
    The rankings were established in 2002...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Houston SEO Guru

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    And? What's your point?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

TONS of info on them at Sphinn and I think Edward Lewis's site and yes, Alan Bleiwweiss's site too....good solid reporting and exposure and yup...forced them to put up that disclosure page...which in it's own right has been shown to be what it's worth...ie nada, eh!

go. read. learn....and then stay away is right. this is a scam that no one should be involved with...

Jim

PS disclaimer, we have a site listing with them. we await their urge to email us to offer up better rankings for cash....which if this ever happens, we'd report same immediately.
    Last edited by JVRudnick; Aug 10th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by mrrodger
    And? What's your point?
    My point is that even if it were legitimate, they openly disclose that their ranking system is based off of tactics evaluated in 2002.

The unfortunate part is that the average webmaster without a working knowledge of seo has no idea that things have changed so much in only 8 years.
  11. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    You would think for the fees they could afford a professional writer to avoid the typos.
  13. <=NaomiFan too!
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

When I went to court with [against] one of their 'top rated companies' - they showed the court a printout of their award to demonstrate that they are 'the #1 SEO company'...
  15. No Profile Picture
    Houston SEO Guru

Originally Posted by GraceFan
    When I went to court with [against] one of their 'top rated companies' - they showed the court a printout of their award to demonstrate that they are 'the #1 SEO company'...
    LOL- what a joke! Did you win? Who was the company?
  17. <=NaomiFan too!
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by mrrodger
    LOL- what a joke! Did you win? Who was the company?
    Won't name the company.

Yes I won. Wasn't worth the hassle though. Great things have come out of it, but at the time - how the whole scenario affected my family? - My family are worth soooo much more than a few .

The whole 'court thing' was a game to them (they knew they were wrong & the money was less than 0.1% of their reputed turnover) but for me it was trying to keep my business afloat. A lot of strain. I honestly don't think there was ANYTHING good about them - other than how they market themselves - which unfortunately sucks in new 'customers'.

I hear of the same thing again and again with this company - but they manage to keep removing bad reviews from anywhere/everywhere! (I know of several people who left bad reviews with TopSEOs for example - and they got removed - while one of their employees [using full name & using the 'parent company' name], gets a 5 star review approved!?)

I appreciate that on the Internet companies have got to be protected from 'fake' reviews - but these guys call 'false' at everything they don't like - while 'astroturfing' themselves...

I think I've said enough.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Houston SEO Guru

Originally Posted by GraceFan
    Won't name the company.

Yes I won. Wasn't worth the hassle though. Great things have come out of it, but at the time - how the whole scenario affected my family? - My family are worth soooo much more than a few .

The whole 'court thing' was a game to them (they knew they were wrong & the money was less than 0.1% of their reputed turnover) but for me it was trying to keep my business afloat. A lot of strain. I honestly don't think there was ANYTHING good about them - other than how they market themselves - which unfortunately sucks in new 'customers'.

I hear of the same thing again and again with this company - but they manage to keep removing bad reviews from anywhere/everywhere! (I know of several people who left bad reviews with TopSEOs for example - and they got removed - while one of their employees [using full name & using the 'parent company' name], gets a 5 star review approved!?)

I appreciate that on the Internet companies have got to be protected from 'fake' reviews - but these guys call 'false' at everything they don't like - while 'astroturfing' themselves...

I think I've said enough.
    I agree man- they are the worse and I think its unethical and wrong for all of these SEO firms to be buying their way to the top..and there are a lot of big names on that list! Sorry you had to go through that mess- these crooks should be shut down.
  21. No Profile Picture

Top SEOs WARNING TOPSEOs.com STAY AWAY!

Top SEOs is a big scam they are just around to rip off us business owners I got taken by these guys. Never trust an seo advertising on this site!

WARNING topseos.com SCAM

See my Rip Off Report Complaint Review: TopSEO