1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Too many outbound affiliate links on one page

I have few pages on my website where there are around 20-30 product listed with very little text and each of those have their own affiliate links(3 affiliate links per product), so around 70-80 outbound affiliate links, mostly to amazon and similar sites.

How bad is this and will this get us penalized? I have placed "nofollow" tag already on these links and I want to do 301 redirect as well but the problem is that I can't use PHP or .htaccess on this website, so I'm not sure how exactly I shold do all the redirections using HTML ?

Thanks
  3. Seo Control Panel
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I had experience with outbound links, it will effect SEO our website. Anyway you will get notification from google in web master tools if they found it is unnatural.

We can fix it by adding 'nofollow' attribute. In your case you have already added it.

Actually here we don't need 301 redirection, just 'nofollow' link is enough.

According to this article, we can use meta refresh with 0 delay as 301 redirect.

<meta http-equiv=refresh content="0; url=http://example.com/newurl" />
    Link: Google and Yahoo accept undelayed meta refreshs as 301 redirects

But I am not sure about it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

A no follow link is a good plan and it will prevent your site from getting banned. However, when it comes to ranking your page may hardly get into the first pages of SERPs simply because that it only contains little content and all 'promotional' links. I suggest you should at least have 500 or 800 words per page to properly optimize your site and possibly rank better in SERPs.
  7. No Profile Picture

You won't get penalized if you add rel=noffollow to those links, but you won't get far in google SERP either. Google sees your page as a low quality page which doesn't provide new value for visitors. Ask yourself why should anyone visit your page looking for information if there is no additional value to those products you offer. They can find same links on some other websites that offer much more useful information about the same stuff you are selling, right? Amazon for example

Consider adding more content and additional value to your products.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The easiest thing to do is read your page, and truly ask yourself, does this page offer anything to the user? Is the content rich enough to keep someone engaged? If not, then I would come up with a plan to either nix it, or fix it.

A better strategy would be to spread your links out across more pages. Is there a reason why you have so many on one page?
  11. No Profile Picture

I am facing a similar challenge with my website. Spreading the links to several pages seem to be a good option, but I don't think I can do it on my site. I am currently working on a website that shows the price of a particular product.

A typical page might look something like this. Nokia Lumia 720 Price in India, Review, Specs, 29 May 2014 | Valid in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore | BuyingIQ (not my site, but I am working on a similar concept).

As you can see there are more than 50 outbound affiliate links on the page. I don't think I can spread the links to several pages, but do you think just showing like 5 or 6 store links when the page loads then let the user click and load more stores on-demand using Javascript will work?

Originally Posted by St Louis SEO
    The easiest thing to do is read your page, and truly ask yourself, does this page offer anything to the user? Is the content rich enough to keep someone engaged? If not, then I would come up with a plan to either nix it, or fix it.

A better strategy would be to spread your links out across more pages. Is there a reason why you have so many on one page?
  13. No Profile Picture

stuff you are selling, right? Amazon for example
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Gedgorge
    stuff you are selling, right? Amazon for example
    Yeah stuff I'm selling using affiliate programs.
  17. No Profile Picture

No problem in outbound links on page. We should keep the below 100 links on one page.