1. No Profile Picture

Tier Link Building is Backhat or Organic SEO?

Is Tier Link Building a Black Hat SEO technique?
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Any form of artificial 'link building' can be seen as blackhat (the term meaning: as not condoned by search engines).
    That said: there are many shades of black...
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your answer.
    I found one of my competitor got so many referral domains by doing this process and can you please explain little bit more.
    How it can be black hat, he is just posting an article like "I got so many backlinks from different domains" and mentioning them.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Tiered link building it totally black hat. It is a direct attempt to manipulate Google Serps or any other search engine for that matter. Do so at your own risk.

It really is nothing more than a fancy term for a PBN.

Tiered link building sites are commonly refer to as "CHURN AND BURN". Why, because when they get discovered by Google and blacklisted, those sites go down in flames faster than you can say "My Ranking Disappeared" !!

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Tiered link building is unnecessary. If you're making valuable content and using white hat tactics, you should be getting links on authoritative sites that has all of the juice you need.
  11. No Profile Picture

i agree with digitalmarketeer, just focus on healthy back lings and high quality long posts
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi, It is not necessary to use term black hat. You can build backlinks by white hat method also. You can use guest post and other stuff which can improve your SEO.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Actually it is not a black hat technique. But now people has started to use it as black hat. They are doing spammy activities.
  17. No Profile Picture

As mentioned a few times on this thread, any form of building links is against Google's policy.

The question is how to build links that actually help the user. So if you have some content that is truly awesome, and you reach out to people and they love your content and link back to you, then people genuinely love it and that is what is most important... in fact this is what Google appears to want, people linking to pages because they like it.

Ultimately, backlinks are probably still the number one ranking signal, however, Google does not solely rely on this as much as it used to. So for example, imagine you build some amazing links to your article and use tier link building too and you notice the article starts raising on Google. If the article is not engaging and people do not stay to really read it, then Google will likely not rank you number 1.

Basically, tier link building still works, any form of link building will most likely be considered against Google's policies.