1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

There is no page rank Update in 2013

When does the second page rank will update .This is the question of all the webmaster round the world.But Recently i came to know that there is no page rank update in 2013, the next page rank will be update early in 2014. These are the words of Matt Cutts. (Head of Google Spam Team )

You can read here:
    searchengineland.com/googles-matt-cutts-no-more-pagerank-updates-this-year-173676
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

There is a difference between reading what was said & reading something into it.

Because MS Explorer (9.0 or whatever recent releases for other browser there is on the market) does not afford 3rd party plugins for the toolbar. Therefore as the world adopts newer or more recent browser updates there are no Google plugins for anything (including the PageRank indicator)... therefore there may never EVER be another toolbar PR update.

That said PageRank does update regularly - it is included in Google`s main algorithm = just because you cannot see it change (increase or decrease) does not mean it isn`t there.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with Fathom here....I think too often people conflate PageRank, the mathematical concept used in Google's algorithm, with Pagerank, the little green bar. These things are not one and the same.

The first (the mathematical concept) is very much still used by Google. The 2nd is a plug-in that is meant to visually illustrate the 1st for a given page/site.

Even a few years agp when the toolbar was actively updated, it was often weeks to months behind and wasn't always an ideal barometer of page's value/authority.....it was just a tool. A pretty cool one, but it looks like the sun has set on it.

C'est la vie.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo