1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Supposed June July Update

Please read.

http://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-update-vince-hits-the-uk-shores.html
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by Nathan Bailey
    Well that was'nt very helpfull was it lol... I mean all you have told us is what we already know that google is ranking brands higher, nothing about how to become one of these brands so that was a pointless post bth
    I think the point was that brands would be ranked higher for terms that weren't as relevant to their backlink profile as we as SEOs would like. In other words..... trust/authority is outranking relevance. Provided the blogger knows what he's talking about, that could be a potential game changer for a lot of SEOs that focus on links from relevant sites. That unrelevant link from NASA seems more appealing, now doesn't it?
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

This has been clear in America for a while now. Its about time they caught up with us.

Comments on this post

• googler agrees
  7. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If you hang around SEO long enough you'll see this phenomenon come full cycle. Basically, something has suppressed what normally ranks so well and so now popular (not necessarily "authority") sites rank well for unoptimized, but present, terms. So Amazon could have one page for "blue widgets" and be ranked #1 while mybluewidgets.com, which eats, sleeps and breathes blue widgets, is #6.

Eventually Google catches up and the popular sites go away for the optimized sites.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Talking

Originally Posted by Highland
    If you hang around SEO long enough you'll see this phenomenon come full cycle. Basically, something has suppressed what normally ranks so well and so now popular (not necessarily "authority") sites rank well for unoptimized, but present, terms. So Amazon could have one page for "blue widgets" and be ranked #1 while mybluewidgets.com, which eats, sleeps and breathes blue widgets, is #6.

Eventually Google catches up and the popular sites go away for the optimized sites.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, but I think I agree fully ;p

Comments on this post

• googler agrees : lol
  11. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Authoritative, brand, trusted however you want to call them will rank higher. This is why Wiki can outrank with only internal anchors.

I think the articles author has a great point. You should ask yourself, How do I become an authority? How do I protect and keep my brand on the web? How do I gain trust in my industry?

It brings on-page optimization to a more esoteric level.
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  13. shuffle up and deal

Its also been in the UK for some time now which is why I dont understand why people are only just finding out about this on here?

Also googler I think maybe you need to learn what the reputation tool on forums is all about. Its not for giving out mass negative rep for people that dont agree with a post or dont find it useful due to it being out of date!
    All I was saying in my first post was he could have given some better infomation on the matter not just repost about something thats all over the web without giving any truely helpful information on what people need to do to rank better with googles changes.

Let me guess more bad reputation from you for this one too? Well im sorry to burst your bubble but if I dont agree with someones post and dont find it as helpful as could be then I think I have the right to post my opinuion as im sure thats what forums are all about!?
    The rep tool is to be used however members like.

One sure way of getting neg rep is being rude to valued members of the community.

Another way would be to tell others that they don't know about forum etiquette!
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Its also been in the UK for some time now which is why I dont understand why people are only just finding out about this on here?

Also googler I think maybe you need to learn what the reputation tool on forums is all about. Its not for giving out mass negative rep for people that dont agree with a post or dont find it useful due to it being out of date!
    All I was saying in my first post was he could have given some better infomation on the matter not just repost about something thats all over the web without giving any truely helpful information on what people need to do to rank better with googles changes.

Let me guess more bad reputation from you for this one too? Well im sorry to burst your bubble but if I dont agree with someones post and dont find it as helpful as could be then I think I have the right to post my opinuion as im sure thats what forums are all about!?
    Forums are for discussion. Seogoat thought the article was worthy of discussion, regardless of how "new" the news was. Perhaps he didn't have the time to offer an opinion, or wanted someone else to get the ball rolling? Ever think of that? And it seems to me that your post was more pointless than his..... go back and read them and tell me you don't get the same opinion.

And yes, this has been common knowledge for a while on this board, but not everyone has subscribed to the use of branding. The article backs up that view.
  17. shuffle up and deal

Originally Posted by seogoat
    Please read.

http://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-update-vince-hits-the-uk-shores.html
    My problem with this is that its more a sweeping statement than fact, and there is a lack of evidence or data to support the claims!
  19. Super Moderator

I was not being rude was I so why evey say that? the fact the I put 'lol' and '' in my post kind of show that im not rude and dont mean to be rude so thats bs if you dont mind me saying so.

As for forum etiquette I dont lol, I rofl at that one! you guys seem to think because im new here I cant voice my opinuion as freely as you or something?

Well nvm I cant be asked with muppets that only want to have proper convos and debates with members that have 100's + posts so dont even reply as im requesting my account and details be removed from here as I would rather be part of a community where all are treaded with the same respect
    You are such an a-hole lol

does that make it sound any better? no. You were being rude in the first reply to this post simple as that.

At least that's how it was perceived by me and others. If it was not your intent you should have made that clear instead of arguing (rudely I might add) about how you were not being rude.