1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Structure of website for different locations

Hello all, I have a website that is now adding several locations (i.e. New York, Washington DC, Delaware etc).
    I know that for SEO purposes I would have to create a location-specific landing page. Something like sitex.com/new-york-office etc.

But I am wondering if this is the best approach for this based on your experience in dealing with different locations? I have already started creating the different Google Local Listing for each. What else would you recommend for these specific local locations?

Thank you
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by ileansolutions
    Hello all, I have a website that is now adding several locations (i.e. New York, Washington DC, Delaware etc).
    I know that for SEO purposes I would have to create a location-specific landing page. Something like sitex.com/new-york-office etc.

But I am wondering if this is the best approach for this based on your experience in dealing with different locations? I have already started creating the different Google Local Listing for each. What else would you recommend for these specific local locations?

Thank you
    If you don't have unique & compelling content for New York, Washington DC, and Delaware and you merely change keywords Washington DC for New York (thus spun content) you will merely get yourself into hot water with PANDA.

Be that as it may, you can have one landing page and links from New York oriented domains pushing up ranks for New York while links from Washington DC domains pushing up ranks for Washington DC, etc.
  5. Contributing User

The landing page needs to be not just focused on some "keywords" . For example if you do plumbing or any other service in those areas you need to inform yourself about the demographic problems, regional issues. Each place is different and same will need your landing pages. Focus very well to your attention ratio (to be low) and CTA to be high.
    Linkbuildingoffice.com - Houston Local SEO Agency and Inbound Marketing Services
    Follow Linkbuildingoffice on Twitter - @Lbuildingoffice